http://images.obesityhelp.com/_shared/images/smiley/msn/angry.giffrustrated and...

cherylwk
on 10/9/14 10:57 pm - Standish, ME

So to make a long story short.  I am trying to get approved for a band to bypass revision.  I am sure everyone knows about band problems.  No my surgeon is telling me I have to start all over with all the classes and appointments.   I spoke to the Nurse yesterday and she actually asked me if I wanted to still work with my band or just wanted to give up!  What kind of support is that??  I feel that because I stated that I was angry about the band and the fact that they do not even place it anymore( at their office)  that they really just don't want to deal with me.  But, the good news is I am not going to let them win this battle.  This is for me and my health, and they will not push me back or down!

selhard
on 10/9/14 11:40 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I still remember the day I was a bundle of nerves at the eight-hour-long WLS educational day required before my RNY.  The nurse was talking about revision patients...I asked what "revision" meant?  When she told me, I broke down crying in shock some people go through WLS more than once.  I am sorry you are facing this very thing.  Here's hoping the frustration turns around soon.

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/14 4:59 am

I had the band in 2007. It was nothing but trouble from day one. My RNY surgery was Aug 27, 2014 and it has been a very positive process. My first Doctor and his "Professional" staff was much like yours. I found another Doctor, Dr. Marema in St. Augustine Florida and I cannot believe the difference. I would suggest that you do the same. I am so glad someone else told me to do this as well. When the Band was removed during the RNY surgery it was found to have not been placed properly which explains all the problems. I have had zero problems with the RNY and was at 298 LBS. I am now 237 LBS. Do not let one bad apple spoil the whole basket. Good luck to you!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views