My 1st. Post. Getting ready for end of Nov. Surgery.

Zonechef
on 10/10/14 11:28 am
RNY on 12/03/14

Ha ha. Thanks. I was considering putting up a pic of myself from a few years back at a lower weight but sucked it up put one up from last week.

carimiller9173
on 10/10/14 12:09 am - Wilmington, DE

www.myfitnesspal.com is where I know a lot of people log their macros/cals at.  Nice database also.  You can try there.

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

joansch
on 10/10/14 1:10 am

Congrats on your upcoming surgery -- you'll do fine. I had a lot of pain in the hospital -- the second day was worse than the first, and it didn't help that the liquid pain med made me sick. I iimproved greatly once I got home, though, and was off all pain meds except Tylenol in 4 days.

I use SparkPeople. both online and as an app for my phone.

Good luck, and let u sknow how you're doing.

Joan, Annapolis, MD

5'3"    SW: 248   Surgery date: 28 Aug 2014

White Dove
on 10/10/14 3:07 am - Warren, OH

Healthy eating and fitness is going to be a new way of life for you.

Find an exercise activity where you have to be there on a certain day and time and make it an priority appointment on your calendar.  If you just wait to go the gym or exercise when the time is right, then it will never happen.

Purchase a fitness tracker.  Fitbit and Jawbone are popular.  I use Garmin Vivofit because I can leave it on in the shower and swimming pool.  I prefer water exercise and attend water aerobics classes.  If I were buying a tracker today, it would be the Vivosmar****ch by Garmin.  I also wear a heart monitor to track my heartrate during exercise.

I sync the Vivofit to my PC and iPhone and to the My Fitness Pal app. 

I was 59 having surgery and am now 66.  I had surgery on a Tuesday and was back at work the following Monday, but could have gone back sooner.  It was a very easy surgery for me.  Surgery turned my life around. 

I had been on diets like Atkins and South Beach for many years.  My pre-op was South Beach for six months.  The difference after surgery was that the dieting actually worked.  I still maintain my goal weight.  My Fitness Pal and my Vivofit help a lot. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Zonechef
on 10/10/14 5:47 am
RNY on 12/03/14

Wow great advice and imfo. More than o could have hoped for. Thank you all so much.  I can't express how much better now I feel. You are the best!!  

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/14 5:08 am

If I were to say anything I would have to say that most of what ails you today will soon be gone after your surgery. I am 6' and weighed 298 on Aug 15, 2014. I now weigh 237. No more Diabetes type II, my blood pressure is that of a young stud! The only problem I am having is trying to convince my "Fat Brain" to remove that old self image of me from its memory and replace it with a "skinny image", LOL! Good luck to you and cannot wait to hear from you after your RNY Birthday!

Poodlemac
on 10/10/14 12:16 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

I had surgery 2 weeks ago today. I woke up from surgery with pain from the gas but they quickly gave me pain med and the next time I woke up I felt pretty good. Ironically, I was starving!!!  (Haha,  fat girls!). Anyway, pretty much the pain I had was soreness at the incisions. I walked as soon as I could, same day. Came home day 3 with no pain medicine. Never needed anything else for pain. If I get uncomfortable, I walk. Good luck to you!  I look forward to following your success!

Zonechef
on 10/12/14 11:32 am
RNY on 12/03/14

I have another quick question. I still am sort of considering going with the lap-band instead of roux-n-y, one major reason I opted for the latter is I have heard of lap-band success much lower than Roux-N-Y. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Most Active
Recent Topics