My husband is horrible!

thighhighboots
on 1/26/15 10:08 am - mableton, GA
RNY on 01/28/15

Day 2 of a 3 day clear liquid diet my surgeon requested and I offered to cook for my husband. HE SAID NO!!! So he went to the store then come home and make a patty melt with onion rings and steak fries and a apple turnover. That's just wrong, I am sitting here drinking chicken broth and eating jello. Almost make me have a good mind to toss his whole plate in the trash.

So excited about my surgery I just went in our room and closed the door.

Thigh High Boots

Don't give up on you, press on until you reach the finish line!

NYMom222
on 1/26/15 10:22 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Yes he was being insensitive. He probably doesn't get it. Can you talk to him about it? This is a long journey you are just starting and you need his support.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

4Reel
on 1/26/15 10:22 am

This is something that my husband would do.  Not intentionally, he just has never had to deal with a "weight" issue.  He is someone that would buy a gallon of ice cream and it would take him 6 months to eat on it.  He buys candy bars and leaves them in the frig until he is craving one.  I guess that is what normal is???  Grrr!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HW 240    SW 227   GW 130  M1-

Mybratboys3
on 1/26/15 10:25 am

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but get used to it. You made this decision, he's not having surgery you are. He's gotta eat and if he chooses to eat unhealthy that's his deal,  be thankful you are making changes in your life to eat right. Don't be mad, in the long run you'll have the last laugh. :) 

Chilipepper
on 1/26/15 10:51 am

He isn't having surgery. The first time is the hardest. You can't make him change his lifestyle. You will get used to it 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

bubbosmama
on 1/26/15 11:01 am - Canada

While I understand how you might feel angry, I also completely believe that it is up to you to make your choices and to be true to you.  I told my husband, who is really awesome and offered not to even have his favs in the house while I did this, to eat as he always does.  If I need to have him change his behaviour in my own home in order to succeed, how am I ever going to cope with making good decisions out ni the day to day world of temptation.  This is something I did for me, and he is supportive, but ultimately I am the addict and I cant live in the world and get healthy if I let my anger at the fact others can eat something take me over, I wont get to where I have chosen to go. Wishing you all the very best with your surgery.

karin602
on 1/26/15 11:17 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Two positives first he didn't ask you to cook the meal for him. More importantly you didn't let the tempting food win! Good for you. 

Karin

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/26/15 2:29 pm, edited 1/26/15 11:17 pm

Get over that. He is not being insensitive. He bought his food and he cooked it. That is being sensitive. 

You don't need to stick in the kitchen to watch him doing it and eating. 

You are having the surgery. Not him. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

crqvingchange
on 1/26/15 7:16 pm

What some of the others said is true, you will be faced with temptation in many places and not just from your husband.  But you did the right thing in going to your room to calm down, but mostly coming here to post and rant a little because that's what we are here for, to give you support because we, unlike your husband understand what you are going through.  Without being combative with your husband come up with a plan where he can get what he wants to eat but maybe you might be doing something else in the house while you are in this broth/jello phase.  Good luck, you've got this.

chulbert
on 1/26/15 10:03 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I think H.a.l.a. B. nailed it -- you've got it exactly backwards.  It might sting a little to actually SEE people eating things you can't/shouldn't/etc. but unless he tied you to a chair and forced you to watch I think he was being pretty classy about it.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views