Gaining Weight...

sydsch94
on 1/29/15 9:55 am

Hey everybody. I'm getting close to meeting with my surgeon this coming month and I have seen my dietitian for the last time last week. I won't be seeing her til after surgery. When I weighed in with her I have gain a few pounds since the last time I saw her which was in December. I exercise about 4 times a week. My jeans are getting bigger on me so i'm not sure if i'm gaining weight or muscle. I'm just anxious about having gained weight and possibly not being able to have surgery. Any advice? 

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/29/15 8:12 pm

Gaining weight is gaining weight. You may be all gaining muscles..but overall..gain is a gain.. 

Muscles take less space..but to gain muscles ~ you need to eat more than you burn. 

i eat right and exercise. My pants fit me better..I am gaining muscles...but i am not losing or gaining weight. 

Just because i am getting smaller does not mean that i am not still 8 lbs above what i need to be... 

I am very good in fooling myself... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Grim_Traveller
on 1/29/15 9:37 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

People always wonder if they are gaining muscle, but it's just a rationalization. It is much, much harder to gain muscle than people think.

It is very, very easy to gain water or fat.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

chulbert
on 1/30/15 12:26 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I really don't want to be unkind but you're not gaining muscle.  You're also not following your dietician's meal plan and as a result you're gaining weight.

My only advice is to look within yourself and figure out how committed you are to this lifestyle.

Kathyjs
on 1/31/15 12:28 pm

Why only 4 times a week ? Take the time to take care of you!! I am 12 years post op and actually 10 pounds under goal. My secret ....I walk, I ride a bike every single day. If it's raining I go to the mall and walk. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 438 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views