approved

jessicatheresa
on 3/16/15 7:02 am
RNY on 04/09/15 with

So my surgery was approved and is scheduled April 10. Idont have to do a preop diet but was advised to cut my intake by 20%. Does anyone have any advice for this? I would have rather done the preop diet.

What things should I bring with Me to the hospital ? Also can anyone recommend a good scale?

I'm super nervous and want to prepare.

cspotrun
on 3/16/15 9:31 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I took my pillow, blanket, ear plugs, chapstick, kindle, phone, toothbrush and paste, mouthwash, deodorant, yoga pants, and t-shirt.  Many people take a lot less but I'm a notorious over-packer, and my hubby didn't mind carrying it all.  I did use every single thing.  Best of luck to you!

Karen   

Poodlemac
on 3/16/15 9:50 am, edited 3/16/15 9:51 am
RNY on 09/26/14

It can't hurt you to do a liquid diet prior to your surgery. It will help prepare you for the weeks after!  I don't subscribe to the idea of pigging out or "food funerals" before a diet, so starting the plan early could just help you in the long run! IMO. 

You won't really need anything at the hospital. Wear the clothes you plan to wear home. You won't need a gown or even extra undies.  I'd say remember lip balm, face cream, earplugs and maybe a robe!  You probably won't even really use your computer or anything as you'll likely be sleepy. 

Good luck!  It's very exciting!!

Doingrightin2015
on 3/16/15 10:09 am
RNY on 03/10/15

I just had my surgery last Tuesday. I packed light and still didn't need much of anything that I packed. Clothes I wore there I wore home. (did wear a clean pair of undies home) I used my deodorant and mouth care. Don't recall even using the chap stick...they start giving me ice and crystal light as soon as I was away and wanted something. I took a robe but didn't use it they just made sure I was tied up good in those cute little hospital gowns. Had on hospital socks grippers so didn't even use my house shoes. I only had to stay one night and was very sleepy the whole time I was there....and the trip home the next afternoon.

I did a 2 week Medifast product with liquids like sf drinks, broth, sf jello sf popcyles. If you have no set diet, I would recommend getting the Premier protein drinks and having those vs my Medifast products and then do the other sf things I stated above.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

christinerocks
on 3/16/15 11:15 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Wow that is great! I am waiting to hear from my insurance for approval... If approved my surgery is scheduled April 6! 

I'm sure the vets here will have great advice... But Does your surgeon have a nutritionist you can work with? He or she will give you some tips on intake. Check the boards here for ideas on the types of selections to make and start making better choices now. Best stuff to start practicing (or so I am told) is to eat your protein first and veggies second.  And don't drink anything 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after your meals.  I hope you can get some focused time with a Nutritionist.  

Stay in touch!

christine

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

mornings
on 3/16/15 11:21 am - Canada

hello and congrats on your  surgery date its the same as mine  getting close im excited to say the least as well ,     my advice for the hospital is take a pillow and a small blanket most times  your cold and  not so comfortable with there pillows so bringing your own helps if you wish ,       I don't need the liquid diet for mine either but im having open  surgery  so  I do have a bowel prep im told , actually my pre admission is this Thursday  coming ,,,   I would say  try using the my fitness pal app  you can download that and it keeps track of your food and such      .. also I think any scale works just fine   but  I do wish you the best   its nice to see someone else is having surgery  on the same day as mine    I am Canadian 

White Dove
on 3/17/15 2:02 am - Warren, OH

Many hospitals in the US will not allow you to bring in pillows, because of fear of bedbugs.  The only thing I was glad I had was the chapstick.  Everything else was provided by the hospital.  Phone and charger will probably be all you need.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kathy S.
on 3/17/15 4:05 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 487 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 488 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?