Reshocking my pouch

angels2007
on 10/8/19 3:50 am - NY

Good morning ya it's been a month or so but I'm back and wanna let everyone know that 2day marks my second day of my diet plan in shocking my pouch back

wat I have decided to do:

breakfast and lunch do liquids ( protien shakes)

Dinner I will have something small

like last night I did a pork chop and cottage cheese on the side

I also drink water in between

plus I learned a new trick

so I'm a coffee lover and I have to have creamer in it well on fb im on a gastric weight loss support page and someone told me to try the premier protein shakes as my creamer so I did and I cut back on my Splenda intake too and so far I'm really liking it.
As for working out right now I've been walking a mile plus wat ever walking I do at work I'm usually completing 7000 plus steps a day.

Partlypollyanna
on 10/8/19 5:38 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Why do you think you need to "shock" your pouch?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

angels2007
on 10/8/19 6:23 am - NY

I gained a lot of weight back

hollykim
on 10/8/19 7:35 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 8, 2019 at 10:50 AM Pacific Time, angels2007 wrote:

Good morning ya it's been a month or so but I'm back and wanna let everyone know that 2day marks my second day of my diet plan in shocking my pouch back

wat I have decided to do:

breakfast and lunch do liquids ( protien shakes)

Dinner I will have something small

like last night I did a pork chop and cottage cheese on the side

I also drink water in between

plus I learned a new trick

so I'm a coffee lover and I have to have creamer in it well on fb im on a gastric weight loss support page and someone told me to try the premier protein shakes as my creamer so I did and I cut back on my Splenda intake too and so far I'm really liking it.
As for working out right now I've been walking a mile plus wat ever walking I do at work I'm usually completing 7000 plus steps a day.

you don't need to shock your pouch. You need to go back to basics,eating protein and very little else. No carbs,no liquid calories,just protein and small amounts of non carbs vegetables.

hollyround2
on 10/10/19 5:36 pm - Gastonia, NC

That pouch 'shocking or resetting' is a myth. Once the stoma to the small intestine is stretched nothing will make it shrink, short of another surgery. I see peeps who are regaining weight back doing this all the time, but it's a waste of your time. WALKING, on the other hand, is the miracle secret! Work your way up to 10,000 steps per day and walk it 365 days a year and you will not only LOSE weight but it's great for mental health, too. The 'pouch reset' myth started on the Internet 20 yrs ago. I have never met one person who it did much for LONG TERM. Sorta like back in the days prior to WLS and the old diets we all have been on....a million times.

If you are doing 7000 steps it a short sprint to 10K of them. Good luck to you!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/8/19 7:44 am
RNY on 08/05/19

"Shocking your pouch" isn't a thing. Going back to liquids is just another fad diet like so many that failed us before WLS.

Go back to basics. Lean, dense protein, low-cal, high protein, low carb. Weigh, measure, and track everything. Get as much exercise as you can.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/8/19 10:25 am

Whatever works for you to clean your diet and limit calories - just do it.

I am not 100% convinced that shocking would do you any good, but at the same time, when I get food poisoning and cant eat much, if anything for a couple of days, I feel as after that I can feel real restrictions. So maybe that is the case?

Also, in my situation, food poisoning could cause swelling in my pouch that than would make me feel as I have less space there.

As long as you are getting enough proteins and nutrition, if your process helps you - do it.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

angels2007
on 10/8/19 3:47 pm - NY

Thank u and yes I took out all my papers from 07 with my diet plan and that's wat I'm following so basically I do the shakes for breakfast and lunch and dinner I eat a meal cuz I wanna have food in my tummy so my sugar don't drop when I go to bed

momyshaver
on 10/9/19 3:20 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I think I get where you are coming from. It is wise that you are considering things like keeping your blood sugar stable and overall health. While I do worry that there is a risk of falling back in to the all or nothing diet mentality, I think if you realize that you are working towards a goal of what a healthy post RNY meal plan should look like and that is is a mind reset rather than a pouch shock, etc. and put it in its proper place, it could be the jump start that works for you. I really hope this works to motivate you to get back to working the plan that promotes your health and well being. When you are ready you might want to check out the daily meal postings. There are many great ideas on there. You will see that no one is perfect but there are many great ideas of people working the plan while life happens. Good to see you back posting.

angels2007
on 10/9/19 1:17 pm - NY

Thank u and I will check that out always looking for something different

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views