What's on your Monday Menu?

Melody P.
on 7/13/20 8:37 am - Amarillo, TX

Went and got the lab work order and my special body was for the night before and day of surgery. Will get the lab work done before I have my upper GI tomorrow morning.

its supposed to get to 106 today so it'll be an indoor day with the kids. It's going to be a very long day as on the ride back to our house the kids already were fighting and one had another in a head lock. Gooooooood lord a long day! lol

i'm really feeling isolated emotionally. The only friend I talk to on the phone hasn't returned my calls so I stopped. She might be in the hospital again but who knows. Honestly she needs to be in a nursing home...which saddens me. Just feeling alone.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/13/20 6:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning all! I am glad you had a good weekend. I mostly did too though a little tiring. DSD drove 17 hours on Saturday to escape Florida and is set up in her bedroom office right now. We were all up until midnight waiting for her arrival then celebrating it. SIL and I did a 3 hour round trip drive with 3 hours in the middle to attend a family wake yesterday, then had dinner with another SIL. So long days for recent times!

Oh, I did accomplish one thing I am really happy about! While I was gone this winter, DD had a dinner party and a big white heat spot appeared on my dining table. I had tried non-heat solutions which didn't work so I decided it was time to try the dry iron over a tea towel. It worked great! I am so glad to be able to leave my table uncovered again (see below - the heat stain was previously in the foreground)!

Today I need to food shop and try to find a somewhat cool time to take a decent walk with Justice. The new guy called and talked about seeing me tonight and tomorrow but I think I will decline for tonight. Too much! Hmmm... hopefully this isn't a sign of the future.

QOTD: When I was young it would have been #3 because I would have wanted to make sure it wasn't too gooey. Now it would be 5-6. LOL, I guess tastes change!

TSS: 4 years, 3 months

B: Coffee! WW zeropoint banana and egg pancake

L: deli chicken and cheese

D: Leftover swordfish kabob

S:bean salad and/or strawberry cheesecake yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 7/13/20 6:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Wow, last working Monday for awhile, still surreal. Em passed her drivers permit test on Friday and had her first official behind the wheel session Wednesday so we can start tracking her practice hours. Aside from that, pretty low key weekend. John did get my personal desk/computer area all set up so I can start working off of my personal computer this week with my work laptop open on the side.

Accountability: Balanced, extra snacks but extra running time.

QOTD: I'd go 3-4 but wouldn't mind the 6 for a s'more.

TSS: 5 years 11 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters and turkey sausage links

L: Albacore truce wraps, SF. jello with cool-whip, and baby carrots

S: Chaffle, Carbmaster cottage cheese and everything but the bagel seasoned cashews

D: Shirataki noodles with Alfredo sauce/chicken breast/ mozzarella, toasted low carb lavash, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with cream cheese and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and cup fiber cereal

E: 6 mile run and one hour elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1555 Protein:145 Carbs:126 Fat:59

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 7/13/20 6:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' all!

another beautiful morning, so I'll go out for a long bike ride. The heat and humidity will be returning in a couple of days, so I need to take advantage of the beautiful weather while I can. I have telehealth video appts with my bariatric surgeon and my dietitian this afternoon. I gained seven pounds since I last saw them - but then lost three of them since this past spring (so I'm now four lbs heavier than last year), but 1) they won't be weighing me since I won't be there and 2) I highly doubt they're going to care. The dietitian, esp, is into "intuitive eating" and gets on my case for counting calories and weighing myself every day - finds it way too obsessive - but that's what works for me so I continue to do it. She also won't tolerate me whining about being four lbs heavier, I'd pretty much bet the farm on that. I guess there's a chance it won't even come up, unless I bring it up..

on a related note, I registered for the Obesity Action Committee virtual conference and watched the first live freebie session on Saturday. There were two speakers. One, Dr. Robert Kushner, has written books on eating personalities and talks about personality factors that contribute to weight gain. He has a quiz on his Web site to help you determine which factors you have that make it a challenge for you to maintain or lose weight. I scored low on five of them (meaning they're not really an issue for me), and medium (as in - it's a factor) on "Easily Enticed Eater". Yep - that sounds pretty on target!

weekend was good - we planted more raspberry bush cuttings. Four seem to be doing well - one doesn't - but that's still going to be a lot of raspberries if the four "good" ones take off YAY! Accountability was good as well. I ran some reports on my tracking software and since March, my calories have been lower and exercise higher than they've been in over a year, so not sure why it's such a challenge to lose the weight I gained last fall, but it is what it is. I know I can always cut my calories back even further to lose more weight - but I'm evidently not willing to do that or I'd be doing it (it's hard enough just staying at the low end of my range, to be honest. I wish I still had no appetite and the resolve I had that first year post-op!!)

QOTD: 3 or 4. I don't like them "raw", but I'm not crazy about burned ones, either.

TSS: 5+ y

B: piece of cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with 2 T light Cool Whip and 1/2 C strawberry/rhubarb compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: Greek yogurt with 1/2 diced mango, light whole wheat English muffin with light cream cheese

AS: not sure - I have lots of L&F yogurt in my fridge, though - and some skinny rice cakes and hummus. So maybe that. I also have grapes and SF Jello.

D: ear of corn (elote style), 1/2 C cole slaw made with Asian-style dressing, 1 Costco chicken skewer

have a great day, everyone!

ScaleSkater
on 7/13/20 6:32 am

Good morning. Rebuilding my diet to see if Dr. is correct that my weight loss is due to dumping. I've got to stabilize.

QOTD - Definately a 6 - love char

Working out with PT tonight and I'll get a couple walks in - mainly an off day for me on Monday

B - 3/4 cup oatmeal; 1.5 tbs Nutzzo

S - Syntrax protein shake (doc wants me to add a couple shakes)

L - Turkey 3 oz and Cheese

S - Apple and peanut butter

D - 3 oz fish and 1/4 baked potato

S - Shake

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Greateight
on 7/13/20 7:04 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I think that me and my Daughter are going to sign up for the virtual race that Kelly shared last week. We aren't going to do the whole thing, but there is a segment around Lake Tahoe and we are going to try that piece. We went to Tahoe for Spring Break several years ago and my daughter loved the pine forests and skiing at Heavenly, so that is why we picked that segment. Also, she passed the first part of the CPA exam, Yay!

I scrambled around, straightening up my room, thinking that the cleaning lady was coming, but I guess that is next week, LOL.

QOTD: in my mind, its 3, but usually I get impatient and wind up with 5.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Hello Fresh

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 7/13/20 7:10 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yay, so glad you found a race that sounds fun!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 7/13/20 7:04 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

I had a nice weekend. I did go to a baby shower this weekend for a friend who is pregnant with twins. I thought she was going to look terrible, run down, and ready to be done with the whole pregnancy thing. (Mind you I have no kids and I have never been pregnant so I have not idea). I could not be more wrong she looked the best I had ever seen her she was glowing and happy and having a wonderful pregnancy. Her 12 year old so was the one looking like he was the one struggling LOL the Covid has stopped all of his activities(baseball Hockey, Etc...) and he looks like eating is now his main sport. He has started back to baseball so I hope it helps.

Other than that we got some flowers planted at my mothers and I got an earful from one of the neighbors about my 81 year old mothers driving. I wish I didn't have to have that conversation and there is no way she will stop driving. So I passed it off to DB so he could have the talk. She just doesn't pay attention and she is driving too fast. Hopefully we can get her to slow down however there are no bumps bangs or scratches on her car for me to pull her licenses just yet.

QOTD: 6 ALWAYS

Accountability: No exercise Saturday because it rained all morning and I ate some filled Pizzellas that I made for the shower and a lemon bar. Yesterday I ate I think 4 or 5 Oreos. They had Caramel Coconut filling. And last night I made peanut butter chocolate chaffles that I did not need but I bought that coconut whip cream at Aldi and I got a new Dash mini waffle maker at Target so I had to make them .

TSS: 2 years 7 Month 2 days 134 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos salted caramel Greek yogurt and Mixed fruit

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato

L: RGF Spicy Italian sausage and ricotta and snack selects. .

D: Crack chicken quesadilla. .

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been great. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: 3 Mile run

Everybody have a Great week.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 7/13/20 8:41 am - Amarillo, TX

That talk is so hard. When my grandpa had to have his license removed it was so hard. Hoping it goes well!

Lisa91941
on 7/13/20 7:36 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

QOTD: Four. No question. It's that perfect caramelizing, and oohey goohey goodness inside. (we roast (or at least we used to, Peeps! The sugar coating gives them a special flavor. But be very careful. That sugar will burn your fingerprints right off).

I've got today and tomorrow to work and then off for the next 12 days. Giddy with excitement over here. Waiting to see what work calamity falls upon me before I go. It wouldn't be vacation around here if I didn't have to deal with a crisis that has my BP near stroke level before I get to walk out. So far, somebody has already called out sick today. With just 10 of us full time, even one person out makes a big impact.

I did really well on food all weekend and even enjoyed a glass of wine each evening. Exercise was terrible, need to work on that this week. Wonder if with all the quarantine stuff, they'll let me hot lap it around the airport before and in between flights? That's my usual action. Really reduces my stress and helps keep me from getting all muscle crampy.

Menu:

B: 1/2 PP shake and coffee (my family I am going to see already laid in a supply of PP shake, so I can maintain as much routine as possible)

L: brisket and a small salad

D: clearing out the fridge of all leftovers. Think I'll have a chicken leg and tomatoes. The Hubs is on his own to pick something.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125