What's on your (photo) Friday menu?

Melody P.
on 3/12/21 3:40 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone! We made it to Friday.

We don't have the kids today, yay! I love em but they are basically wild idiots when we have em. The younger two gang up on the oldest so she is mad all the time. Their mother treats the middle on like she is perfect. Just some crazy stuff!

So I'm hoping for a do nothing day. I had an extremely hard night pain wise. Lots of cramps on my left foot so now it's even more sore today. So I'd like to have a rest day. I've got some kind of sinus infection on the right side. I had a tooth that the roots grew into part of my sinus cavity. Every time I get a sinus infection it swells and hurts. It goes away on its own and I've run no fever or felt anything other than that and a headache.

QOTD: If you were given five million dollars to open a small museum, what kind of museum would you create?

Someone asked me a similar question the other day. I would do one about racism in America. Except I guess it needs to be a big museum...so many people think that since they don't recognize or "see" it that it doesn't exist. It's real and it's dark...I believe if you deny something it just carries on and nothing'll change. It's uncomfortable but a conversation that needs to be had it seems over and over.

B: oatmeal and coffee

L: chicken sausage, just egg, toast and 1/2 tsp cinnamon sugar

D: pizza meatballs

S: 1 oz lunch meat, clover sprouts, maybe a small bowl of popcorn.

I made curry coconut shrimp yesterday and it irritated my lip...that seems to be the litmus test to see how my allergies react. It was tasty but at least my mom can eat it.

MadisonRose
on 3/12/21 4:10 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Happy Friday all! So glad it's finally here! No big weekend plans which is perfectly fine by me as I need to get some things done around the house and have a pile of laundry that needs to be done.

Accountability wasn't perfect yesterday, but was ok. Still working on it. My weight has seemed to stall out. I know I could lose more, but I'd have to drop my calories drastically and they is so hard! I'm on the fence between wanting to do it and just accepting where I am now and being grateful that I've lost as much as I have.

QOTD: I know this already exists, but I'd open a cat museum just because I'm obsessed with them!

B: coffee & a protein shake

L: oatmeal

D: 4 oz baked salmon & veggies

S: L&F yogurt or a SF jello with cool whip

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 3/12/21 6:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

you could always just take a break now and work on maintaining your loss - and then if you later want to try losing some more, then do that. You're probably beyond the "magical" period anyway where it's not that difficult to lose weight, so whether you try for more now or later might not make a huge difference. Those last few lbs are always a bear to get off!!!

Teenie
on 3/12/21 7:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You mentioned that you were going to go through with plastics. That may just be the push you need to get to where you want to be. It really helped me when I thought there was not hope of loosing anymore. When I had my hernia and skin removal I was 158 and it catapulted me to my 140 goal.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 3/12/21 8:01 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I was wondering if you guys would be up to do a thread on plastics. I am just starting to think about it. My doc wouldn't let me until October -- but I am really afraid of the recovery!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/12/21 8:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

There is a Plastic Surgery forum on OH. It is under Community; See more forums. You can post there and/or search for information. I used it when I was doing PS a few years ago.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 3/12/21 6:34 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

a lot of people find the recovery tough (I did, too....), but some don't - but it's so worth it. I'd do it again even though I swore at the time I never would...

MadisonRose
on 3/12/21 8:31 am
RNY on 01/23/19

I still very much want plastics! My consultation had to be cancelled due to me getting sick and now everything has been put on hold. I don't have the time to take off work now or in the near future due to being out of work for so long during my sickness. Also if insurance does not cover it I will not be able to afford it....there is just no way. This has all made me very depressed because I was so looking forward to it, but it's going to have to be put on hold indefinitely. Sigh...

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Teenie
on 3/12/21 1:52 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Hang in there. If your surgeon approaches it correctly there is a good chance insurance will pay. If you need to wait it just means for some reason God has other plans for you right now. (not trying to preach but I do believe it.) If you really want this, it will happen when the time is right.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Christina135
on 3/12/21 5:33 am, edited 3/12/21 12:37 am

Good morning, and happy FF Friday!

QOTD - Mine would be very specific. Here in San Antonio, we are on Jumanos and Tonkawa land. I would devote my million dollars to a museum that would educate our local public about them. I would also incorporate knowledge about the San Antonio river as well.

Breakfast - fasting, so water, hot black coffee

Lunch - Tofu/kale/soyrizo scramble on corn tortillas with vegan cheese

Snack - vegan broccoli salad, apple slices

Snack - mint chocolate kale smoothie

Dinner - vegan tacos, all the fixin's

Have a great weekend y'all!

*EDIT Fun fact - you can text your zip code to 907 312 5085 and you will receive a message advising you what Indigenous people's land you are in fact living on.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 453 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 410 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 352 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views