What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 4/17/21 4:13 am - Amarillo, TX

I wish that would be my weekend! Ha ha.

Good mornin everyone.

My mom bought a new bakers rack that my brother will be helping put together this weekend. So that means clearing out the microwave cart and all that stuff. I think I'll be getting rid of the spiralizer I have. I've used it 2 times. It's a big fancy one. We'll see.

QOTD: simple one for today. How are you?

I'm holding my own and trying not to be overwhelmed with all that's on my plate.

B1: black coffee and water

B2: JUST egg, chicken sausage, GF toast

A1: beef fajita filling and tofutti sour cream

A2: popcorn

E: casserole....we didn't get to the roasting of the peppers so it'll be today. I might have a jalapeño popper too.

here is a pic I almost forgot about that was on my FB memories...it's incense smoke that I applied a color filter in an editing software. One of my favorites, everyone see something different.

Melody P.
on 4/17/21 4:19 am - Amarillo, TX

Here is another incense pic taken the same day...

catwoman7
on 4/17/21 4:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Today is our anniversary. We're meeting the moms at 10:30 for coffee, then???? We were originally planning to get take out from this great Chinese place that specializes in noodle dishes, but I'm a little concerned about the calories since I had a couple of high-calorie days this past week, and my brother is coming next week, so there's likely to be more high-calorie days ahead. So we might go to the Mexican place I went to yesterday with my new friend. It's a hole-in-the-wall place with great, mostly authentic food. I can just get one of those little street tacos - that's about 250 calories, so it "works"... It looks like a beautiful day, so if it's not too cold later, I may go for a bike ride, too.

QOTD: I'm fine. Looking forward to my brother coming, my second Moderna vaccine (Wednesday), and lunch with friends next Saturday. My brother requested I make some big meal like the one I had at Easter (I made Mediterranean/Middle Eastern food) - so hopefully, someone will come up with an idea for a theme or genre for this one. It's way easier for me to find dishes if I have a theme in mind. I'm also excited for my bottle of rennet to arrive from New England because I found some recipes for Instant Pot skyr, and I'm dying to try my hand at making it.

B: chaffle with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake, and probably an iced latte (with 2% milk and SF syrup) at the coffee place

L: Costco chicken skewer in 1/2 pita with tzatziki sauce and cucumber slices

AS: 1/2 protein muffin with L&F yogurt, or else one of my new Elevation Keto meal replacement bars (they have a lot of protein, fiber, AND fat in them, so they're good for getting me through my problem time (i.e., late afternoon)

D: 10 tortilla chips and some kind of Mexican street taco (probably tinga or al pastor)

have a great day, everyone!

MadisonRose
on 4/17/21 5:25 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Happy anniversary!!!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 4/17/21 5:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

thanks!!

KalesD
on 4/17/21 5:37 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

Fabulous news .. my swab was negative! Now I just have to hear back from occ health.. they have to clear me before I can return to work.

QOTD: I'm good. Ontario just got a **** ton new restrictions last night as our case count is so high.. it's kind of stressing me out.. so I'm going to continue to try and pretend it doesn't exist.

b: fairlife latte

s: 1 egg and 1 slice toast, 1/4 avocado, Turkey bacon

l: 2oz deli Turkey, mixed veggies & hummus

S: 120g skyr, 1tbsp pb, 40g blueberries

d: 2oz bbq'd steak, 30g spring mix, dressing

s: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

MadisonRose
on 4/17/21 5:39 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Today is the first day of IF for me. We shall see how it goes. As of right now I'm not hungry in the least as my stomach has been cramping pretty bad so it shouldn't be too hard. Accountability was o****il dinner last night when I decided to have chips and queso. I didn't even enjoy them as they were way too salty and I ended up throwing half of them away. Back on track today!

QOTD: I'm doing ok. It's that lovely time of month for me again so I've just been having some pretty awful stomach cramps. My wisdom tooth has been acting up again too so I've been popping the Tylenol. Other than that I'm well and just glad it's the weekend!

Wanting to go on a walk today around the trails in my neighborhood since it's so beautiful outside so I'm hoping my cramps ease up enough so I can do that.

B: Fasting until noon. Black coffee, water and hot tea on repeat

L: depending on my stomach either a protein shake or salad with rotisserie chicken and cottage cheese

D: keto burrito bowl with cauliflower rice

S: L&F yogurt & strawberries or an apple or mango

White Dove
on 4/17/21 7:50 am - Warren, OH

Today is my fourth day of IF. I was concerned about how it would affect my blood sugar, since I take insulin, but it has been great. No lows at all. No hunger feelings and more energy.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MadisonRose
on 4/17/21 9:12 am
RNY on 01/23/19

That is so awesome! Well today hasn't gone how I wanted it to go. I guess my lack of sleep this past week just finally caught up with me. Between that and my stomach killing me, I went back to bed and just woke up and now it's after 12 here and I'm not really hungry and really haven't gotten any liquids in so I'm having my first cup of black coffee now and think I'm just gonna continue the liquids for now and delay my eating a bit more. Because right now it feels like I'm cheating he system! Lol. I know this upcoming week is going to be tough when I start back work. I will be up and going non stop at 5:30 so going until 12 with no food is definitely going to be a challenge!

White Dove
on 4/17/21 9:52 am - Warren, OH

When your body needs sleep, it will finally just sleep. You are right about going back to work and will just have to see how it goes with working and fasting. I am not working which makes it a lot easier.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 430 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?