What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 5/2/21 2:47 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin menu friends.

I'm in a lot of pain this morning and it's way early. It promises to be a long day. I'm seeing a lot of coffee in my direct future! Ha ha.

My brother didn't come over yesterday but will be today. So today we'll be grilling. I'm going to have my mom grill some of my salmon burger patties. Looking forward to that. I don't even have to make a dessert today so that makes me happy.

I am going to try making a tofu scramble thing this morning. I do like the JUST egg replacer I use but I'm needing a little variety. Going to chop some onion and use some of the frozen bell peppers. It calls for turmeric but with my eye bleeding I don't think I should...it's added mainly for the coloring so I don't think I'll miss it.

enjoying my coffee and hoping you all have a good day!

QOTD: Classical Art or Modern Art?

I love them both for vastly different reasons. If I ever had a ton of money I'd be spending it on art of all kinds.

B: tofu scramble, vegan cheese and coffee before

L: salmon burger and I'm thinking of doing a salad

D: egg roll in a bowl with 96% ground beef

S: popcorn, chai tea and maybe some GF pretzels

Melody P.
on 5/2/21 5:21 am - Amarillo, TX

The tofu scramble wasn't to bad! It needs more seasoning in certain parts so I know that for next time.

catwoman7
on 5/2/21 5:35 am, edited 5/2/21 12:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

we're headed off to Chicago later this morning since I have an appt with my plastic surgeon tomorrow morning. I scored my favorite hotel for $69 on hotwire - astounding - but that's probably the case everywhere. Plus Sunday night is probably one where they usually get mostly business travelers (due to meetings on Mondays) - and business travel has pretty much dried up. Hopefully we'll get there early enough to get out and do things since it's supposed to rain off & on all day tomorrow (boo!).

QOTD: my favorite period is early 20th century, which is considered modern - so...modern! (stuff within the last 20 years or so would be considered "contemporary" - I don't like that as well as early 20th century).

B: plain homemade skyr with 2 T lingonberry preserves, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote (depending on when we leave, I may swap this around with MS)

AS: I'll take a protein bar with me

D: we'll go to our usual destination - the Pita Inn (a fast food Middle Eastern place in the Chicago 'burbs). We usually split an entree and occasionally get a side of hummus, too (depends on how hungry we are and if we have a room with a fridge). Probably chicken shawarma as the entree - or some other chicken dish.

ex: I'll do a walking video before we leave.

have a great day!!!

KalesD
on 5/2/21 5:54 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

Yesterday I biked 10km with some friends.. my poor poor (newly) bony ass is paying for it today.. I just got back from the grocery store and am waiting for my headphones to charge before I head out for my run.. gotta get it all done before I get lazy!

QOTD: honestly, no idea. I have no art knowledge.. I see something and I either like it or I don't.

b: fairlife latte

s: cottage cheese with PB topped with raspberries and a tbsp granola

l: 2oz deli chicken, 1 mini pepper with laughing cow cheese and ebtb seasoning

s: tbd

d: beef burger & salad

S: Tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

catwoman7
on 5/2/21 6:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

do you have padded biking pants? They help a bit. Not totally, but it's better than riding in regular pants.

KalesD
on 5/2/21 6:23 am
RNY on 09/30/20

No ma'am! The bike ride was a last minute spur of the moment on a rental bike. I was reminded how much I love biking though.. so considering purchasing a bike and some shorts bahahah!

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

catwoman7
on 5/2/21 7:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I love biking, too. I loved it as a kid and forgotten how much I liked it until I bought a bike last summer. I'm so glad I re-discovered it!

Lisa91941
on 5/2/21 7:39 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Yesterday was all pool, sun, relaxation until evening. The hotel restaurant has something called a Naked Shrimp Relleno, all the good stuff, no batter, no frying. I had that poolside for lunch and my tummy could not have been happier! I went to my first NHL game last night. Vegas Golden Knights vs Arizona Coyotes. Knights won in OT. Go Knights! We picked up last minute tickets on Stub Hub and got a private box for dirt cheap. People get desperate as the clock counts down. They were only at about 35% capacity and add the private box, and I felt as safe as could be. Super fun night with my son. Today is more pool, and a lake ride on a "donut " shaped boat. It's really warm here and we are soaking it up.

QoTD: I am not much into art, though we did really enjoy seeing the masters we learned about in school on display at the Smithsonian . So I guess that makes me Classical.

Menu:

B insides of small egg/black bean burrito. This hotel has a few grab and go breakfast. It's perfect.

L: eating at a Mexican restaurant a d I know they have a great Shrimp dish. I'll have that.

D: no plans yet!

we are going to this amazing bar (actually 3 in One and you need reservations for each) tonight. I plan on having something like an Old Fashioned on the Train car. And I will have water at the second, a Tiki bar.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

MadisonRose
on 5/2/21 8:59 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Happy Sunday all! My weight has been up and down. The first week of IF I lost 4-5 pounds rather quickly, but then that second week I gained them right back. Thankfully this morning it's back down and heading in the right direction again. I've realized that during my eating window I was mindless snacking wayyy too much so had to cut that out!

QOTD: I like both. Though I don't know much about art.....if it's pretty I like it. Lol

B: fasting until noon. Black coffee, hot tea and water

L: Ezekiel toast with peanut butter & a protein shake

D: leftover salmon and cauliflower rice I did not eat yesterday

S: L&F Greek yogurt & an apple or either another protein shake or some granola

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

lmfontana4
on 5/2/21 7:28 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Hi Everyone

my dtr and I went on another hike today. About 2 miles again, it was beautiful out and we were right next to the river.

I had my first soft meal today nice to not have to purée my meat!

QOTD: I don't have a preference on the art period.

B: 1/4 c lite Greek yogurt

L: 1/4 c puréed Buffalo chicken

D: 3 medium lemon butter shrimp

S: protein drink, 1/4 c sf pudding

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 298 views