What's on your Thursday Menu?

catwoman7
on 6/17/21 11:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

are you more of a baker, then? I HATE baking because it's so precise. If your ratios are off, you often end up with a flop. Cooking is more of an art - baking is more of a science. I think most people tend to lean one way or the other....

Sheila_H
on 6/17/21 2:17 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Exactly. I love baking. Tell how much of what and I follow the steps. I have never been the creative type. Even when it comes to crochet I need to have a pattern, I can't just come up with it in my head and free hand it. Lots of people do that but my brain doesn't work that way.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

KalesD
on 6/17/21 4:43 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

I'm currently post run and brewing my first latte.. I'm excited for it. We don't have any ho****er at home (haven't for two days and they're not coming till tomorrow morning to look at it) .. what I would do for a hot shower!

QOTD: crochet and cross stitch!

b: fairlife latte

s: 120g cottage cheese, 7g PB, 50g strawberries

l: 25g Turkey, 25g ham, 2 mini peppers, 2 laughing cow cheese and a slice of swiss

s: cheese string and pickles

d: salad and 2oz chicken

s: Tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Emiepie
on 6/17/21 5:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! It's Friday-Eve!! JB- I hope things continue to improve for your mom.

QOTD: I like to do crafts but I change it up all the time. I like to crochet but it takes me forever so I tend to work on it for a few months then put it up for a few months.

TSS: 6 years, 10 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Spinach salad with deli turkey and feta, carrots, and a honeycrisp apple

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Jimmy Dean scramble, chompie's toast. sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1447 Protein:111 Carbs:121 Fat:58

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 6/17/21 5:36 am, edited 6/16/21 10:37 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Everyone!

well it's back up in the 90s today and rain this afternoon, so I'm staying in! Good thing, too, as this courseload is going to require a lot of time - which will be great after surgery, since I won't be going anywhere for awhile! So far I'm especially loving the astronomy class, so I'm glad I was able to take it. It's an intro class for non-science majors, so it's the perfect "speed" for me!

I did OK yesterday at the Juneteenth lunch but then blew it later in the day, so I need to really stick to my program for the next couple of days. I've done really, really well with food and exercise lately, so I want to keep up with my streak.

QOTD: I'd have to go with cooking, too. I'm also guilty of not following recipes. If it's something I've never made before, I'll check the internet and look at four or five recipes for whatever the dish is, and them use them as a guideline - often doing my own thing or combining this from that recipe and this from another one. It's kind of difficult when people ask me for recipes for something I've made, though. I don't always remember what I did, and I've often used parts of several different recipes, so...

I probably won't exercise today because I'm overdue for a break. I'm a little worried because that means I'll have to be diligent about staying at or under 1400 kcal, but then, I should be able to do this. (as I think I mentioned yesterday, I don't eat back exercise calories, but I also don't worry too much about going up to 100 or so calories over if I've done some heavy exercise that day)

whoops - didn't realize I inadvertently cut off my "Snacks" section. The usual protein shake. I haven't added anything else to that, but I'm just over 1000 kcal total, so I can manage to have another snack this afternoon....

Greateight
on 6/17/21 5:55 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

My friend lives in Oregon and she sent me this news story that the state has legalized "human composting." She said that she's trying to figure out how to break it to her husband that he's going in her rose garden.

I guess that human composting is some process of using the recently deceased to nourish plants. But wasn't that exactly the plot of Little Shop of Horrors?

The article was short on details, but I have to imagine that you simply won't be able to plow people under your plantings pell mell.

Bodies in the cucumber patch, you are Greta Thurnburg? but bodies in the crawl space you are John Wayne Gacy?

In either case, I'm out.

I tweaked my knee just a little bit on Tuesday, but it seems fine today.

I suggested to my youngest that he check out Cal Poly based on location and Sheila/Amy's input. He said that he would look at it. I don't know whether it is easier or harder for out of state students to get admitted, but his scores are right at the average for the school, so maybe there is a chance.

QOTD: I used to like woodworking but since we have had children, I really haven't had the time or space. So now, its mostly little jobs around the house, reading and writing.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Lunch: omlette

Dinner: Hello Fresh

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 6/17/21 8:31 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Greta...

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Emiepie
on 6/17/21 12:47 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Take it easy in that knee!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 6/17/21 6:37 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! JB, continued good thoughts and hopes for Mom.

Day three of our heat wave. I feel for the warehouse guys, but I really cannot complain. We've got AC in here and it's very comfortable at home in the evening. Other than make a yummy dinner last night and watch the Knights lose, I got nothing done after work yesterday. I'm worn out I think managing this mouth thing. Praying for major improvement because this weekend has fun things on the agenda!

QoTD: Definitely cooking. And like you all, I use the recipe as a guide. I started making a chicken artichoke stew this winter and several people asked for the recipe. The copy they got was all marked up with changes and with things crossed out. Like dill. Ick.

Menu today

B: hb egg, 1/4 c cottage cheese

L: leftover chicken fajita meat, 1 tbsp cheddar cheese

D: meat sauce, edamame noodles I might add some cottage cheese if I need more protein.

S: Two good yogurt

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

catwoman7
on 6/17/21 7:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

another dill hater!! (me too!)

Most Active