What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 6/20/21 3:37 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Sunday mornin menu friends. Hope that you're all having a great weekend.

Today and the next month will be somewhat busy. We will have the kids a minimum of 4 days a week for 3 weeks. Two of those weeks will be 5 days a week. We are not exactly happy with this. We were told, not asked. I'll never get the lack of consideration from so many these days...including my brother and SIL. It blows my mind. They feel as if they are owed stuff...the sense of entitlement is huge with so many these days.

I'll step off my soap box...LOL

It's supposed to be 100+ today and we have to go to soccer games. Oh joy of all joys. I personally think they shouldn't play in that heat but what do I know. It is at least the last games of this season.

QOTD: What is something you're looking forward to in the not so distant future?

For me I'm looking forward to about 3 weeks from now. My brother and his family are taking a vacation to NM so we'll have some time away from them. I know that could sound bad but alas it is what it is...LOL

Accountability for yesterday. Well I had more carbs than I had planned on, 32 total. It was the cabbage but it is gone so that's a plus. I also had to much cheese.

B: JUST egg, chicken sausage, 1tbs blue cheese and coffee

L: Not sure on this yet - will update later

D: 2 oz boneless beef ribs and 1 weenie

S: cheese stick, roasted seaweed and something yet to be determined

Melody P.
on 6/20/21 5:14 am - Amarillo, TX

Some kitty love for your Sunday.

White Dove
on 6/20/21 6:34 am - Warren, OH

I know you love the kids, and I don't know all the details of your taking care of them, but I know I would be clearing the air about respecting your time and help. People used to "walk all over me" until I learned that I could make my own plans and say no to them. Even if my own plan was to sit and binge watch TV, I allowed myself to tell them no. Then they found someone else to use, or their attitude changed from demanding to asking.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 6/20/21 6:44 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

Yes I would be ticked off at my brother as well. A day once in awhile is one thing - or making sure you are OK with it first is one thing (that is, if you truly ARE OK with it) - but expecting you to take care of his kids 4-5 days a week is an ENORMOUS imposition. I know it can be hard to say "no" to family members, but... wow - you are really being taken advantage of here.

We're meeting the moms for coffee at 10:30, but no plans after that. They're calling for thunderstorms this afternoon, so I guess we'll be staying home. It's just as well as I have studying to do..

QOTD: I'm kind of looking forward to having this surgery (facelift) on Friday - or rather, getting it behind me!

I'll most likely be adding another snack to this. Hopefully I can stick to a sub-1400 kcal menu because I probably need to take a day off from heavy exercise - it's been awhile (yesterday I did upper body weights and biked 16 miles). Have a great day, everyone!

Lisa91941
on 6/20/21 7:40 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I have a few friends in this situation as well! It's amazing to me how their kids have just decided that the grandparents are babysitters and demand that they are available all the time. Even getting mad when my friends plan a vacation. In both my personal situations, these kids are 7 and 3 respectively, and the parents work full time and have never paid for day care. I don't get it. I always had a paid day car provider and my family was emergency only use. I get so frustrated at my friends for just not saying NO.

We have our SIL and daughter popping in today to help take down the last heavy pieces of the outdoor patio. I'm afraid I don't have enough upper body strength to help my husband on this project and see the beam crashing into the newly replaced roof. No thanks. Grateful the kids are going to stop by and help. Then we hope to get a new front porch ceiling fan up today and that's about it. Maybe make it to a movie this afternoon or evening. I also need to figure out a menu plan for the week so we can get groceries in the next couple days.

QoTD: A few really great things! My little immediate family will all be together at the campground for 4th of July. My son will be there too which is extra special. There will be bike rides and Phase 10 and swimming and arguing and lots of laughing. Can't wait. Then home from there and 2 days later jumping on a plane to CT to see my Dad and his side of the family. Taking the grand girls. It's the first time we will have them more than a day or two. It's going to be a bit exhausting! I should work on building up endurance and muscle for this trip alone!! Also one more thing, we earned a new customer at work, and it's always fun to me to see the business start to ramp up and show them what we can do.

Menu:

B: 3P protein pack

L: leftover chicken thigh with 2 oz baby potatoes (when I pack leftovers up, I weigh everything out into the container so I don't have to overthink it when I get to it)

D: tbd Maybe bbq chicken and corn on the cob

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

GracielaSusana
on 6/20/21 5:49 pm - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Qotd. One month ahead, beach week on Marco Island with sister and four other friends, we have rented a condo on the gulf.

Same old menu, shakes and butternut squash soup.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/21/21 4:14 am, edited 6/20/21 9:14 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Test post from US (I was blocked from posting while in Aruba).

ETA: Interesting... it was being in Aruba that caused it - OH tech support couldn't figure it out. I wonder if other countries are blocked. Back in previous years (2016-2019), I was able to post here from Aruba.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Partlypollyanna
on 6/21/21 4:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I"ve had that with random sites and random countries; it's very strange sometimes. Hope your vacation was amazing!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/21/21 4:30 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It was weird because while I couldn't post here, I could in the VSG maintenance group. My vacation was wonderful - thank you!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 6/21/21 4:51 am - Amarillo, TX

So good to see you here! Also glad to hear you had a great vacation!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views