Soft foods phase

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/21 3:39 pm
RNY on 05/17/21

Hi,

I started my soft foods phase over the weekend. I do this for two months and then I start regular food. It didn't go well over the weekend, I felt nauseous most of the time and had diarrhea. So I gave my belly a break yesterday and this morning my hubby and I were running errands and I had 2 Chick-fil-A chicken Nuggets and they set well in my tiny tummy (side note: surgeon said I could eat breaded meat and use full fat condiments, only watching sugar - list below). Unfortunately/fortunately I have my appetite back. I'm thankful I'm no longer feeling nauseous at the thought of food most of the time. And because I have to eat so slowly I fill up.

I also found that my 100mg Trazodone for sleep was making my BP super low causing me to have no energy. I thought it was due to the surgery, but come to find out it was my sleeping pill. So I have cut it down to 25mg and it seems so much better.

So a month out things are looking up...it has been a rough journey. I was expecting it to be hard, it didn't really know how hard. I've had surgeries before and thought I was prepared for this one, but it kicked my azz! Thank you to all of you who have answered my many questions. I'm sure I will have more!

Greateight
on 6/22/21 6:10 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Those instructions seem pretty typical. Refried beans with a little cheese was a favorite for me at that stage.

They may increase your iron as you get further out.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 6/22/21 7:23 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

At soft foods, I was a big fan of eggface's ricotta bake.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics