What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/7/21 1:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Haha - related to our Disney convo yesterday! ^^ I would have bought it if they spelled it, Taco Belle!

Ok I feel like you guys are not going to believe me, but after my office has gone back and forth 50 times about whether we can stay hybrid or not, and Friday we had landed on YES...

Yesterday they yelled "PSYCH" and took it all back. Swear to god. We are now in person x5/week-- mandatory and effective immediately. What just happened??? I don't even care all that much, anymore... I just want to be able to plan and it's frustrating to have the plan change every day.

So yesterday was the first day back with a full house in the office, and it was weird, and hard to get anything done, but very very nice to see so many people I hadn't seen in ages, nonetheless :)

The only thing that was really tough was figuring out how to eat and drink at my cubicle desk with a mask on. After leaving the house at 5:30am, I only had about 1/2 cup of coffee and 3 Tbsps of Buffalo Chicken & Crackers, and that's it until I got home at 5:30pm... I had my lunch salad for dinner when I came home. I also had a few handfuls of M&Ms and a Hard Seltzer. Whoops.

QOTD: What is your favorite game show? I used to loooove Supermarket Sweep in the 90s and I still love catching reruns. It's really stupid but would still stop to watch it any time, haha :) I also loved watching reruns of old 70s game shows when I was a kid. My favorite was Match Game. They were so snarky and had so many double entendres. I think it's hilarious that 6th grade me appreciated the dry humor of Charles Nelson Reilly & Brett Somers, lol.

I wonder how many times I can post the same menu before I eat some of it? Let's find out!

B: Protein Coffee & 1 Costco Egg Bite

S: Yogurt

L: Salad with Feta, Steak & Greek Dressing

S: Buffalo Chicken & 2 Crackers

D: Insides of Costco Tacos!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 7/7/21 2:00 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

Yesterday was rough. I'm really struggling with the loss of my best friend. Her health was really in bad shape but it's still just devastating for me. We'd known each other for around 20 years. She lived in Tacoma and didn't want a funeral. I'm just so numb. Her partner called me to tell me and I'm hoping he is ok too. It's just such a sad story.

I didn't sleep well and the pain levels are just so bad. I'm sure the stress isn't helping with it.

QOTD: not much of a game show person but I guess I'd choose the old school price is right. When I'd stay home sick from school my grandparents would watch it. So it's a good memory.

B: JUST egg, Gorgonzola, chicken sausage and coffee

L: Not sure on this one yet. May get a frozen meal or soup

D: Salad of some sort

S: popcorn, yogurt and ???

Emiepie
on 7/7/21 5:47 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 7/7/21 6:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/7/21 5:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am so sorry for your loss.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 7/7/21 6:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

catwoman7
on 7/7/21 6:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

losing a close friend is awful. Went through that a couple of years ago when my best friend from high school died of brain cancer. Awful. I'm sorry for your loss.

Melody P.
on 7/7/21 6:55 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

Teenie
on 7/7/21 6:54 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

So sorry about your friend, but only grieve for yourself. She is in a better place and all her struggles are over. God bless you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 7/7/21 6:55 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you, you're so right. She is finally free of all the crap she's had to deal with. It's just sad for me and her circle.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 431 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 364 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 364 views