What's on your Sunday plan, friends?

Partlypollyanna
on 2/11/24 5:20 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone ! Happy Sunday-funday!

I hope Melody has a great birthday and enjoys the rest and isolation she's hoping for!

I have been up for a few hours, getting ready to leave for my second pickleball class. I think it will be fun!

We did get a bunch of snow yesterday but the roads were ok so were able to get out for dinner and the play...dinner and catching up with friends was great but the play was not for me. I left at intermission and based on the texts I got when it was over, a few of my friends wish they'd left with me.

Not much planned for today, pickleball, maybe a forced nap when I get back, shower, pack the last minute things and head to the airport. Everything is charged, I have a tons of movies on my iPad, always lots of books and some chomps jalapeno, so I'm ready.

QOTD - in honor of the big game today, have you ever done any organized sports? I was on a bowling league all through high school, in jr high I was in track which I hated, and as a 20-something did a rec volleyball league that was fun. That is the extent of my sports teaming. I am not really a joiner, lol.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday ahead and your team wins.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 2/11/24 5:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

back to MIL's later this morning. We got quite a bit done yesterday, so we SHOULD be able to finish today, although I'm so burned out that I'm not sure how hard I'm likely to work. I'll try to pu**** though, because I really want this behind me. I'm going to take the DVD with me for one of my film discussion groups that meets this week and play it while we're working - like that will speed things up - HA! At any rate, even if we slack off too much, the end is in sight!!

QOTD: no. When I was younger (college up to my early 30s), I used to swim laps almost every day (1/2 to a full mile per day), but I was never on a team.

I'm not even going to take a stab at food today since I've almost never stuck to my plan since starting up over at MIL's. Luckily we've been so busy over there - plus have done so much walking around, stooping, lifting, and packing - that I've stayed within my calorie limit most days and have gotten plenty of steps in, too.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 2/11/24 5:52 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good luck wrapping up.

Jen

Amy Liz
on 2/11/24 7:42 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Yesterday morning flew by before I realized I hadn't posted! I hope you have a great time at pickle ball today. I'm on the fence about plays. Comedies and some dramas are great, but the more serious ones - I die. Give me a musical any day - entertain me, please!

After our dog walk at the park, today is all about the Super Bowl - for Rob anyway. I have errands to run this morning - grocery store, returns to UPS and Kohls, maybe Target. Everyone is coming over around 1pm. In honor of KC Chiefs - we are having southern BBQ -smoked ribs (the smoker is already going), sausages, beans, corn on the cob, cornbread and garlic bread. It's a meat and carb feast! Nacks will be veggies/hummus and charcuterie goodies. Looking forward to the game, the commercials and half time show too - it's all just fun for me!

QOTD - I was a swimmer on a team from 6-10, I was a little fish and very good. I did gymnastics from 8-10 and again after losing some weight when I was 12-13 - I loved it. I played softball for a few years - 10-12. I totally sucked. I was overweight, over heated and didn't want to run, period. I still love to swim and watch gymnastics.

Accountability - I had 2 glasses of wine last night, 185.3 today. I'm not drinking today but there will be so much food. I want to enjoy the day so I'm not counting calories BUT, I will eat respectable portions and not overeat. This is a not a free for all, it's just food.

B - coffee x 4, egg beaters w/FF cheese and salsa Verde

l - veggies/hummus/charcuterie

d- ribs, sausage, corn on the cob

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Lisa91941
on 2/11/24 8:20 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Nacks. Love.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/11/24 9:19 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Enjoy game day!!

this was a musical But the music was very discordant and unpleasant, I think it was by design as opposed to just bad but not for me!

Jen

Lisa91941
on 2/11/24 8:31 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Bowling leagues count? YAY!!! I can now say yes. But I was a young adult. Zero organized sports as a kiddo.

We hosted soup night for a bunch of us last night. Squeezing ten in at my table was entertaining to be sure. We were almost in each others laps, but we had a great time and I foisted all the leftover sweets I bought for dessert on the couple with tweens and teens at home. Happy they are out of my house and happy their kids can enjoy them. We also attended our youngest Grands first ever softball game. She got a hit on her first at bat. Yay, kid. She even made a great stop as second baseman. She overthrew first, but you know, baby steps.

Our weather is back to clear and sunny and chilly. I hope I can make myself get out there and take a walk today! We are popping in this morning on the neighbors with the tweens Palentine breakfast so I will have a bit of waffles for breakfast. I'm excited. I've been craving them and this is perfect option to have a few bites to satisfy the craving and be able to walk away. Other than that, I am enjoying reading Remarkably Bright Creatures and will watch the commercials during the Super Bowl.

Foods today

B: some waffle!

L: leftover Chicken Artichoke stew

D: egg roll in a bowl

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 2/11/24 10:32 am
RNY on 02/14/18

How exciting to get a hit on the first try!!

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 2/11/24 8:59 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning all, and Happy Birthday to Melody!

JB is off for her class in a minute. I just gotback from the grocery store. What a madhouse. They were lined up 7 deep at the deli counter, and for the first time in my life, they were all men. I've never seen that. Plus, it being Valentine's Day in a few days, they were making a killing on VDay stuff. Billions of balloons and chocolates.

I bought all the nacks. All of them.

QOTD: I played little league when I was a kid, as did every boy in America. I played tennis all through high school.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/11/24 10:33 am
RNY on 02/14/18

when your knees are up to it you'll have to try pickleball; half the people in my class are former tennis people!

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics