What's the plan for your Saturday?

Melody P.
on 2/24/24 1:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! Hoping it's the start of a great weekend!

No big plans here. We'll probably stay home this weekend and work on the basement some. I need to steam mop the bathroom and we'll go through some stuff to get rid of or donate. I'm dealing with an immense amount of pain so today might be to vacuum and chainmaille. Even the vacuuming might wait until tomorrow.

Why are medical practices such hard to navigate crap? I got a bill that said I didn't have coverage when I received the service. I think it is a mistake on the count of insurance but I have tried and tried to get ahold of someone from the place that did the service to no avail. I've called, emailed and used their website. Nada. No returning of messages. It's frustrating. It's for nearly 900 bucks. I get a hair over that from being on disability. The website they gave to set up a payment plan doesn't exist. I've tried every browser I can think of. This weekend I'm going to contact the insurance people in letter form. Another frustrating thing because I get better responses through messaging rather than direct calling them. Soooo frustrating I could scream...and I have LOL

QOTD: which side of your family do you think, or have been told, you look the most like?

I unfortunately look like my fathers side. Even though he denied he was my father(he was in a psychosis) there is no denying I'm his. Plus I've had DNA prove I'm a Pershall. I even get told all the time that I have traits like my father and we've only lived under the same roof like 4 or 5 months when I was a newborn.

B: eggs, cheese, cilantro lime sauce and 4 crackers. Coffee x2 of course

L: salad with 2 ozs of chicken...maybe 3. Depends if I add a hard boiled egg

D: totally unknown. I might set out some cod.

Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/24/24 1:41 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

I think medical places default to changing you just to see if you'll pay, sometimes. It's a pain to chase down everything all the time. I'm sorry you're in pain. Hopefully you don't have to overdo it today.

So I have a date this morning. Bit of a drive for a literal walk in the park. It's also made me realize that I haven't officially been on a date in like...18 years? Why do I have a feeling things have changed a bit? Well. I know they have. Anyway.

The coyotes here have been especially active. I need to stop watching "I Was Prey". Good times.

QOTD- My father's side, unfortunately. I did get my mother's eyes but my father's hair and facial features.

menu today includes Greek yogurt with granola x2 before leaving. I'll also take a protein bar or two with me. Weight is coming back down from the Arizona high but would still like it to flex back a pound or two.

Hope you all have the loveliest of Saturdays. Cheers.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 2/24/24 4:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I hope nothing ever happens to DH because I don't think I could date again. The thought of it...Ugh. I hope it all goes well for you, though!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/24/24 10:21 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

That's what my friend says about if she and her hubs ever split...she's done. It's just so crazy to see how much people jump in without getting to know each other these days. Just a brave, new world I guess!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 2/24/24 2:33 pm - Warren, OH

Dating can be a lot of fun and exciting. There are a lot of great men out there so good luck at finding the right one.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/24/24 10:23 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Haha, thanks. Feels like I've talked to half the population at this point! We'll see how it pans out. I bet you have a good dating story...you have all the good stories.

catwoman7
on 2/24/24 4:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. The estate bank account is now open, and the transition account at Edward Jones has been set up in DH's name, and MIL's funds were transferred into it sometime last night (we'll be moving it to our financial guy ASAP). AND...we only have one more carload of stuff to bring home from the apartment!! The complex manager met me in the apt yesterday afternoon and was very impressed with my cleaning job, so we'll get the whole deposit back to boot. So..things are going OK!! We'll head over to the apt again today. Not only to get the last carload of stuff, but because DH wants to watch CNN again (we haven't had cable in 30 years, so he loves watching CNN whenever we have access to it). Maybe we'll go out to dinner or pick up a pizza to celebrate. Now...let's just hope we don't hit any more roadblocks!!

QOTD: my dad's. Although I looked less like him when I got into the 130s/140s (weight-wise). His sister and my mother couldn't figure out who in the heck I looked like when I got that thin (my father was never overweight, but he had a round face - mine was all chiseled out when I got to that weight).

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with 1/2 an ataulfo mango

protein shake (if needed)

not sure about lunch - maybe a piece of cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie if we're home

we still have some Lesser Evil popcorn over at MIL's, so probably that for a snack

dinner - ?? If home, I might make hot & sour soup.

have a great Saturday, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 2/24/24 2:35 pm - Warren, OH

I got my body from my father's side. They are short and heavy. My face and hair from my mother. I see her in the mirror every morning. They are tall and thin but I did not inherit any of that.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends