What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/26/24 12:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^guess what I am wearing today!?^^

Good Morning OH! I am on my way to my first dayyyy! Please send me all the good jujus. I mean, today is really just orientation so I will be sitting in a conference room all day being told not to harass people and stuff. All good. Actually they told me that one of my first big projects will be to revamp this orientation day, so it will be interesting to see it from that perspective.

I know I am being so extra, but since its my first day I am taking a very early train this morning, which gives me 2 entire hours to get from the station to the office which should only take 45 minutes at the very very most. But I will spend some time buying subway passes, exploring a bit, and mapping out my Starbucks options. Hopefully after today I can take a train that leaves an hour later :)

QOTD: You are put in a room with 100 random people. You'll win a billion dollars if you can demonstrate a skill better than everyone else there. What skill will you try? I hope I can win with cookie decorating because I am not very good at anything else, lol. If I won at anything else, it's because the other people in the room are not very bright or talented.

Lunch is up in the air today. They are serving us breakfast and lunch as part of orientation, but I will have breakfast here. I won't get home until after 7pm and I am used to eating dinner at 5pm, so I will bring a Balanced Break as a train snack!

• Protein Coffee
  • Egg Bites
  • Lunch TBD
  • Balanced Break
  • Veggie Burger or Chicken
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 2/26/24 2:19 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! QJB, best of luck to ya! I know you'll do well so let us know how it goes :o)

I am just not feeling well. I don't know what it is. I can't figure it out. I know the lyrica is tiring me out but I really don't think that's it. I'm tired all the time but also restless. I have no motivation whatsoever. It's just annoying me at this point. Very very annoying.

This week is supposed to be super windy. They are saying Tuesday winds of 50mph sustained with possible hurricane force wind gusts. Yay. LOL I live in the wrong place to hate wind. No big plans for the day. If my mom gets her income tax return we'll go get groceries but that's about it.

This week looks to be pretty busy. I have an appointment tomorrow with my Psychiatric NP which I am not looking forward to. Wednesday I have my peer support. Thursday we are meeting my aunt to do the thrift store and lunch thing. Friday is my ablation. Then the weekend they all have decided they will celebrate my birthday. Hopefully no sewer issues before then LOL.

QOTD: hands down chainmaille. It's not the only thing I'm good at but it is what I do best and most creatively.

B: eggs and cheese + coffee x 2

L: ???? Prob boneless chicken wings

D: ????

here is the start of a bracelet and a meme.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/26/24 3:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Monday! I don't think you're being too extra, you don't have much control in getting to the office so you have to allow for all contingencies especially on the first day! Hope it's a good day.

QOTD - geography quizes, where do I get my money, lol.

Great weekend behind me and long week ahead. My trainer did a fascia release stretching with me on Friday that was incredible when it was over (it was a bit intense during); my massage and book day on Saturday was great, even sat outside and enjoyed 60s and sunny on the deck and then our snowshoe and fondue was so fun. I went from 5 layers on top, 3 layers on bottom to sitting on the 60 degree deck late in the afternoon too.

menu today is

coffee plus half and half X3

Ratio yogurt

deli ham and cheese

jalapeno cheddar sausage

I definitely have not kept up on my water this weekend and feeling a bit dehydrated so I will try to get back on track and I also need to do an elliptical session today as well.

Have a terrific monday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 2/26/24 4:24 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Lucky you with 60 degree weather!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Emiepie
on 2/26/24 6:31 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Beautiful work!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dcgirl
on 2/26/24 3:49 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Queen! May your onboarding be joyous! I connected with 3 other women in my onboarding class at my last job and we stay in touch even now. I hope it's interesting! And you'll revamp it if it's not so it's really an interesting experiment for you!

I am in Philadelphia with my mom and I'm going to her clinic appointment this morning. The treatment apparently needs to be changed. We had a really tearful discussion last night about death. A conversation no one is ever ready to have with a parent. Or anyone they love.

Food is up in the air but I have some leftover chicken shawarma from last night that I can have this morning. There's a deli two blocks away with boars head meat so I'll do a sandwich for lunch. And whatever my mom feels like ordering in this evening. We have a super cool two bedroom apartment in center city but my mom is an edible and dinner in gal more than a going out gal!

Have a fantastic day 1 Queen, and a wonderful day to everyone else too!

Partlypollyanna
on 2/26/24 4:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Those types of conversations are tough. It's good that you have a relationship that allows for it but sucks that you have to.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 2/26/24 4:27 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Such an important conversation so you don't have to imagine what the other person wishes for care wise when hard decisions have to be made. It was super helpful when my mom had her stroke and we had to withdraw life support.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 2/26/24 6:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Having lived through that the last few months (my MIL was terminally ill), I can relate. It's really sad and difficult. But it's helpful to have those conversations. My heart goes out to you.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Mkess
on 2/26/24 6:46 am
VSG on 08/09/21

I empathize with your difficult conversation with your mom. I have had they conversation with my parents. It was much more difficult with my mom as opposed to my Dad.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein