What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/28/24 1:41 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Hump Day Gang!

Day 2 was just as good as Day 1, and the commute to my home office two rooms away was absolutely lovely ;) I am heading into the office today and I have back-to-back meetings from 9:15am - 4:30pm. They are mostly 1:1s with my team but that will be very refreshing since the last 2 days were all "OMG-don't-click-on-that-link-training" and "OMG-don't-harass-stalk-touch-or-insult-your-coworkers-training". Some of the video scenarios they come up with for these trainings are SO much. I legit feel bad for the struggling actors and actresses who get hired for these awful reenactments. They would do better as dead bodies on Law & Order SVU.

In other positive WFH news, I was able to do a good amount of walking on the treadmill yesterday. My knee is really improving (just in time for health insurance, lol) and I did a vigorous walk in the morning before work, and I watched one of the harassment videos while slow walking a few miles later in the day. However, I also snacked too much. Those Valentine's Day chocolates are so tempting.

QOTD: Rate in order your preference for Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, and Dark Chocolate. Dark all the way, baby. Milk is good. White is an unacceptable substance which should never be conflated with actual chocolate.

• Protein Coffee
  • The last of the Turkey Burger
  • Lunch out with colleagues at TBD restaurant
  • Either a Veggie Burger or a real one
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 2/28/24 2:20 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! Glad to hear day two went well!

It's a scary time where I live. It should be improving today but the past 3 days have been horrific. Last night we were told to be prepared in case of an evacuation...to gather things. A fire popped up 5 miles from our house. Our fire department kicks ass and we were lucky this time. They stopped the forward progression. Here is a link to CNN's coverage so you can read more if you want: Smokehouse Fire over 300,000 acres in just the one. So many homes and property destroyed. We had a wall of smoke move in due to a wind shift from the NE. My throat is still burning but we had it easy. I'm scared of what news will come to light in the morning. If you're so inclined please send some good energy to the Texas and Oklahoma panhandle communities.

Looks to be a busy day. We have to get groceries and I have an appointment at 12:30 to one. I haven't slept well due to smoke and the normal BS. I had some salmon yesterday that I obviously ate too much of and threw up half of what I ate. It's amazing how sometimes our tool does things.

QOTD: hmmm to me it depends on the brand for milk and dark chocolate. White "chocolate" is something other than chocolate. Just ewwww. I usually prefer dark.

B: eggs, cheese, 4 crackers and coffee x 2

L: my mom is wanting a hamburger so I might get a jr burger or a salad

D: not sure on this one.

Emiepie
on 2/28/24 5:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm so glad you are safe. Super scary.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 2/28/24 2:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Wednesday. Good news on the work from home commute! Hopefully the commute today is less exciting than monday! I wonder if your knee is doing better because of the movement vs the standing and icing? Standing is actually really hard on the body.

I am heading into the office, my boss is in town, I'm hosting a retirement thing for my old boss. Unfortunately, I am not feeling tip top; it started with a headache yesterday that I blamed on the "let's have all the seasons today" weather (no really, it 24 hours it was in the 60s, then 60s plus super high winds, then into the teens and then it snowed and got up to the 40s, there was a ground stop due to weather at the airport and then the sun came out). It's still here today though so I think it's probably just a cold. I've got the DayQuil handy. Hopefully it works, I have some complex things to work on today and through the rest of the week. But first, finish the first cup of coffee, get my elliptical in and then get about the day.

QOTD - Milk, White, Dark. I'm a rarity here but if the only choice is dark chocolate, I will just not have chocolate. It always disappoints.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

ratio yogurt

I have cottage cheese, nuts, chomps, and cheddar cheese sticks in my lunch bag.

apps from the mozzarella bar, that's where the retirement thing is

Have a wonderful Wednesday...the weekend is not quite close enough for me!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 2/28/24 4:46 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Standing is hardest for me, by far, and has been for years. After a couple of minutes I need to at least pace around, rather than stand still.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 2/28/24 5:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh no! Feel better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 2/28/24 8:03 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I hope your headache subsides. Nothing worse than having to use your head while having a headache.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 2/28/24 11:53 pm - Amarillo, TX

I hope your headache lifts and you feel better soon.

Grim_Traveller
on 2/28/24 4:59 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning all. That meme is poignant. I try really hard to avoid eating foods that I like less, and save the calories for things I like more. It wasn't always the case.

This week I started reining in my eating a little. I was worried about not eating enough while I was healing, but now I need to get back on the horse, and start logging more accurately. That means more ham for HamCat.

QOTD: Milk, white, dark. Hands down. I often wonder if people actually like really dark chocolate, or if it's more of a "it's healthier" or trendy kind of thing. But I don't care for it. Stick it in front of me and I'll probably eat a little. You know, just to be polite. But put milk chocolate in front of me and I'll eat it all. And maybe stab you a little if you try to take some. I like white chocolate just fine. It tastes good. I don't care about the whole "It's not really chocolate" argument. It tastes good.

Whenever I make a recipe that calls for chocolate bits, I always use milk chocolate chips, not the semi-sweet. Semi-sweet. Who wants half-assed chocolate chips?

6'3" tall, male.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Grim_Traveller
on 2/28/24 5:00 am
RNY on 08/21/12

6'3" tall, male.

Most Active
Recent Topics