What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 5/4/24 2:42 am - Amarillo, TX

mornin y'all! Hoping your weekend is off to a good start!

not just a whole lot planned that I know of. We're supposed to be rainy but I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm going to have to call my dentist's office Monday to get in to try and see what the heck is up with my mouth. I know I have a sharp piece of bone sticking out but I don't know if it's part of my jaw that needs to be filed down or a piece of a tooth. It won't budge but is causing a lot of pain. I can chew a lot still as I can't wear the denture. So frustrating! Hopefully that'll set me on a final path to healing. Fingers crossed.

QOTD: we know what y'all think of Star Wars now but what is something that you totally geek out about? Any certain music, genre of books or tv shows...what makes you happy?

it'll be no surprise but chainmaille is my favorite nerdy thing. I love it most of the time(there are a few weaves that are not my favorite thing to make...they are boring). I also adore music. I'm curious to see what Slipknot has up their sleeve as they just got a new drummer and are teasing new stuff.

B: eggs, cheese and ranch dressing

L: ????

D: prob half a package of ramen noodles and the broth...I doubt I finish the broken up noodles though.

Amy Liz
on 5/4/24 6:23 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Princess Leia kitty is adorable! I hope you get your dental issues worked out so you aren't in pain anymore. Yesterday was a good day. I am all set for this weekend of festivities. Today we are taking little girl on walk at the park, taking all the cable equipment to the Xfinity store, cleaning the house and watching all the preshow and races leading to the Derby and do a little betting. We are having southern BBQ - ribs, potato salad, beans, coleslaw and cornbread - yum! No mint juleps or Kentucky burton today, just beer for Rob. Kiddo is coming, maybe his girlfriend. Speaking of cable/cutting the cable, I can't believe the free content just on our smart TVs. I had no idea! I'm perfectly fine with all our choices + the streaming we already have. Rob is wavering but I think he will adapt. Tomorrow is Cinco and I though the kids were coming over, but they have other plans with her family. Our neighbors and DB/sil are coming over for tacos and games. Should be a fun day.

QOTD - I geek out on learning all things nutrition and weight loss. I wanted to be an RD in my 20's. I guess I wanted to crack the code then and still do. Most of my TikTok content is in this area. A life long struggle for understanding. I also love reading - a good novel, thrillers/mysteries, biographies and beach reads. Listening to music, cooking and planning great food is life. I don't have hobbies to speak of right now but I used to paint and make jewelry. I love to hike and need to do it more often, it fills my soul. I wish all exercise did that for me, maybe I will make it my hobby!

Accountability - I had some unplanned fettuccini pasta w/dinner last night and it upset my stomach. Protein pasta is softer, less dense and doesn't upset my stomach so I'm going to stick to that from now on. 178.2 today.

B - coffee, egg sandwich on protein bread

l/d ribs, potato salad, coleslaw, zero beans, cornbread - all in moderation

Have a wonderful derby day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

catwoman7
on 5/4/24 6:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I haven't had cable in about 30 years, but yea - there is TON on over-the-air TV now. I think it happened when they switched from analog to digital (and we had to pick up a couple of digital converters, since all of our TVs at the time were ancient). So much of what's on cable is of no interest to me that it's really no different NOT having it, other than I do like CNN, so there's that. But only that (at least for me). Other than that, I'm perfectly content not having it with all that's now available over the air.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 5/4/24 6:51 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin Weekenders!

well I'm glad I took a long bike ride yesterday (23 miles), because we went to the event at the culinary school last night. From my calculation, I inhaled about 900 calories (the desserts were especially caloric). Thank God for my small stomach, or I would have eaten even more. Gag. Thankfully, given the ride, I probably worked off most of that beforehand. But today it's back to it.

It's great out now, but they're calling for rain off & on later, so I probably won't get a bike ride in. I'll figure out something. I have to stop by my mother's sometime today, but other than that, nothing on the docket. I'll motivate myself to put in at least another hour of cleaning/purging/organizing, too. It's amazing how much you can get done in an hour.

QOTD: I can't think of any one thing, but I always look forward to doing my online puzzles in the morning (crossword, Connections, Strands, Wordle, Waffle, Globle, etc)

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit compote

protein shake

cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with strawberries

Ratio yogurt or baby carrots with hummus

bagged salad, some kind of protein

have a great day, everyone!

Lisa91941
on 5/4/24 7:21 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Strands is SO hard for me!

catwoman7
on 5/4/24 12:56 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm OK at that one. Connections can sometimes be hard for me, though. Different areas of the brain, evidently.

White Dove
on 5/4/24 6:56 am - Warren, OH

I am so sorry you are going through all of that with your dental issues. I would find a pill that knocked me out, get in bed and pull the covers over my head and check out for the weekend. I normally do not take any type of pain medicine and anything stronger than Tylenol will usually put me to sleep for hours.

The cat meme is so true. Nothing gets me out of bed faster than the sound of a cat puking. I said my cat was always careful to make it to the carpet first. I don't have a kitty now and not in a place that would be fair to get one but really miss have a little furball of love around me.

I learned to program computers in 1966 and have been passionate about them my entire life. I watched them go from very simple to unbelievably complex machines. I love learning anything new and always searching for new apps.

I watched Unfrosted last night. It is a cute movie and the women wear such colorful outfits. It has some great scenes from the 60's with people like Nikita Khrushchev and John F Kennedy. Lot of laughs.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 3 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 336 views