Rny to StomaphyX

Phyllis2007
on 11/26/22 6:39 pm

Has anyone done a revision surgery from rny to the stomaphyX procedure?

pattyLynnTrish
on 12/22/22 7:26 am

Hello, I am not sure what RNY, StomaphyX procedure is? I'll have to look it up. I am to have RNY to "Limb Distalization" Procedure.? Verbiage differences?

I had RNY, open, no laproscopy, jn 2002, and now 20 yrs out, have looked into options, where I had gone, back I n early 2000's, it's all changed, I'm a new patient, paperwork, meet 3 RN, Dietition, and PA, upper GI, Endoscopy, etc. Ooofta!!! I have a hernea again, pouch looks normal size, they thought my pouch, and Remnant regular gut, were open to each other, fluids going jnto my old, during upper gi, but a team of Drs, said they don't think so? But, my options were a DS, and they call it "DISTALIZATION" my RNY to limb Distalization. But looking it up, looks like a DS? They will shorten the common channel, intestines,, and lengthen the other, dillopancreztlic limb.

So, I've also now had ANOTHER PHYC EVAL, And got a Approved there, next is a meeting with my chosen surgeon, out yet 3 weeks! Then I believe, get on the list for surgery. Anyone knowing this procedure, and results?

I will check into your procedure, and see differences.

Good luck to you.

Most Active
Recent Topics