Lap-Band

Melissa P.
on 1/13/04 10:29 pm - MN
Hi- I was just wondering if anyone has had lap-band surgery? Are there any support groups available in the Sioux Falls area? Melissa
Wendy V.
on 1/14/04 3:53 am - George, IA
Hi Melissa, I had my surgery in October but mine was Open RNY thru Dr. Harris at Avera McKennan. I believe the Sioux Falls doctors have just started doing the Lap band surgeries within the past month or so. Who is your surgeon? YES, there is a support group in Sioux Falls. We meet on the 2nd Thursday of every month at the Avera McKennan Fitness Center located on Southeastern Ave. The support group has been small the past few months so we would LOVE to encourage you to attend and bring anyone else that you know would be interested. If you would like more info on it I can send it to you or fax it, whatever you prefer. The next meeting is Thursday, February 12th at 7PM. Our guest speaker is a cosmotologist to talk about the hair loss that we experience and ways to help hair regrowth, etc. Wendy
Debbie V.
on 4/17/04 8:57 am - Mitchell, SD
Hi Melissa, I had my Lap-Band surgery on 04/15/04 and I am doing pretty well! I think after the procedure they give you a schedule for the support group-I haven't gone through all of my take-home stuff yet. Good Luck!! Debbie
Melissa P.
on 4/18/04 10:31 am - MN
Congrats on your surgery! Was it done in Sioux Falls? I had mine done in MN on 3-8-04. So far, I'm doing pretty good, getting a little frustrated the last week or so- I've been gaining and losing the same 5lbs. If you come across the info on the support group, I'd love to attend one, if its open to all patients. Thanks, Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bariatric Event!
monymony · 0 replies · 6155 views
LGBT forum invitation
seanbear66rn · 0 replies · 6091 views
Hello all
stephp77 · 0 replies · 6000 views