OT: Visiting Saskatchewan

wondering
on 1/2/10 11:12 pm - Canada
Hubby and I are planning a trip to Saskatchewan.  Just wondering what you would recommend seeing or doing while we are there.
Thanks,
L.

abbies_mom
on 1/13/10 10:00 am - Saskatoon, Canada

Hope you enjoy your visit to God's country.  Don't we all think our piece of the world is God's country?  Actually, no need to argue.  We are all correct!

In Regina, the RCMP museum, Legislature Building tours, the Museum of Natural History, the Science Centre with Imax.

In Saskatoon, the Zoo (free in the off season and they have grizzly bears and big cats right now - not sure which big cats - they rotate with other zoos), the Wanuskewin Heritage Park and the Western Development Museum.  Be sure to stay at the Delta Bessborough hotel for a uniquely Saskatoon experience.

In Moose Jaw, the spa and Al Capone's tunnels.  I haven't been to Moose Jaw lately but really, I hear the spa is something else.  If you are near Watrous, they have unique mineral springs.

The Cypress Hills if you are near the Southwest and don't forget the Great Sand Hills north of there.

Check out city websites or tourism websites.  We have lots of annual events througout the year.

"When you know better, you do better" - Oprah Winfrey 
HW: 245, SW: 225, CW: 200, GW: something under 150
wondering
on 1/13/10 11:14 am - Canada
That sounds great. We'll be flying to Saskatoon and then heading north for a family reunion in Nipawin.  But when we're in Saskatchewan we would like to see more.  The Al Capone tunnels sound like something neat to see for sure.  And I love zoos.  They're all great ideas.  What is the spa?  What do I look for on the internet to get more info on that?
Thanks so much for the ideas.
L.

abbies_mom
on 1/15/10 5:02 am - Saskatoon, Canada

I don't know what the spa is called in Moose Jaw...maybe Moose Jaw Spa? Everyone talks about the big spa.  Special mineral waters or something and kind of a resort-ish hotel there. 

I know people in Nipawin.  Posehn's mostly.  The others names are escaping me so I guess I don't know them that well!

Karen

"When you know better, you do better" - Oprah Winfrey 
HW: 245, SW: 225, CW: 200, GW: something under 150
(deactivated member)
on 1/24/10 11:53 pm - Saskatoon, Canada
The spa in Moose Jaw that everyone talks about is Temple Garden's. Have fun!
wondering
on 1/26/10 10:10 am - Canada
Thanks so much.  I'm definitely going to look that up.
L.

Most Active