Need Help finding a Surgeon!

LisW
on 7/23/10 5:43 am
I'm looking for a Dr. that does the VSG surgery in Saskatchewan. Any information would be helpfull.
chubbymummy
on 7/23/10 3:28 pm, edited 7/23/10 3:43 pm - North Battleford, Canada

The Bariatric surgery program in Regina is the only one that I know of that now doing vsg and rny.

LisW
on 7/24/10 1:35 am
I will so be looking into that thank you so much!! Regina is actually quite close to me.
wannabhealthy45
on 7/25/10 11:36 pm - Canada
Yes, I've heard it's Dr. Pooler that is going to start doing the VSG through that program.  Best of luck to you!

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

Butterfly2BVS
on 7/28/10 9:09 am - Canada
 I just finished talking to whoever answered the phones at the Bariatric Center....first to see if my doctor had sent a referral in............but I was told by them that they have no confirmation that the VSG surgery is being done here in Saskatchewan.......I am so confused......I got my hopes up that I may have found a way to have the surgery done.........and now they are dashed...........

guess I need to start looking for Wheelchair accessible places as my Arthritis is SO bad it is making it hard to walk and I am going to have to stop working soon as the stairs have become an issue....

oh well.....guess some things are too good to be true.......
Joel Sopp
on 7/29/10 7:33 am - Redvers, Canada
There is a potential he may be doing that surgery, but funding needs to be allocated first. No time frame as to when or if this would occur. Dr. Pooler would love to be able to do the VSG, but he does not control the finances.

Until Next Time I Remain,  
Joel Sopp

President
Saskatchewan Bariatric Support Group, Inc. (SBSG)
Direct: (306) 531-2751
Email: [email protected]
Butterfly2BVS
on 7/29/10 10:03 am - Canada
 Thanks Joel for the information....much appreciated....!!
ashiebaby
on 8/2/10 3:35 pm - Canada
well i was looking here in sask as well and the wait here is anywhere from 2 to 5 years to get in so i found an alternate route and went to tiajuana mexico and got it done by dr pomps i was funded by a company so instead of a car payment every month ihave a stomach payment lol i went through a company called weight loss forever and they helped me along the way and to this day still support the people who have had this surgery done down there ! just an idea
Lorna W.
on 8/26/10 11:11 am - Regina, Canada
VSG on 10/18/10 with
I am also having vsg with Dr. Pompa, I think the date is Sept 20th but I am just waiting for confirmation.  Any pointers?
Lorna W.
on 9/22/10 9:09 am - Regina, Canada
VSG on 10/18/10 with
I am also having Dr. Pompa do my vsg on Oct 18th.  Any info you want to share would be great.
Most Active