Very bumbed out!!!

Wanda_H
on 8/19/10 10:45 am - Esterhazy, Canada
I just found out that a very nice lady, who had her 6 month assessment after mine, is already scheduled for surgery. I am very bumbed about it. Really looking forward to getting my date and starting on my new journey.
Does anyone know how you get placed on the waiting list. I thought it was as you were done your 6 month assesment or is it as your bloodwork comes in because my work was very late.
BillieF
on 8/20/10 5:20 am - prince albert, Canada
that is why i decided to go to mexico. no being jerked around i got to pick the date i wanted.I tryed to get surgery in sask for 10 years and never got one.
kashy
on 9/5/10 3:31 am - Regina, Canada
Hi.  I am trying to get in here on this message board thing, and find out from somebody where I should be looking for lap band surgery.  I live in Regina, Sask.  I am 54 years old, weight about 192 pounds, five foot four inches tall, BIG FAT STOMACH.  Can't stand it anymore.  How did you figure out what to do and where to go?  Is it safe?  Thank you in advance.  How much does it cost?
Wanda_H
on 9/6/10 12:43 pm - Esterhazy, Canada
I had a consult with my doc. He asked if he could put my name in for the program in Regina. I said sure but never thought I would get in and two months later I had my first assessment. They only did the RNY in Regina. That is how my surgery was decided. Sorry that probably doesn't help you much.

kashy
on 9/7/10 12:55 am - Regina, Canada
How did you arrange the thing in Mexico?  Do you think I would qualify?  I am 195 pounds and 5 foot 4 inches tall.   Fat and unhappy in Regina.
Wanda_H
on 9/7/10 3:28 am - Esterhazy, Canada
Sorry I am not going to Mexico. I am having the surgery in Regina. I went through my doctor and he sent my name into the program. I was accepted and started my 6 month assessment. My last assessment was June 23, I go for surgery on September 20.

kashy
on 9/7/10 3:54 am - Regina, Canada
Good for you, you must be VERY excited.  And to think you can do it in Regina!  Good Luck!!!
VioletKate
on 9/7/10 8:46 am
Hi All - I am very excited that there is someone on this site that is very current. I just had my Dr. send in a referral to the program today. Now I am so excited, I can't wait. Does anyone know how long I am looking at before getting any surgery done? I am hoping that the surgery will be done in Regina.
Most Active