SBSG Resignation

Joel Sopp
on 12/9/10 3:13 pm - Redvers, Canada
Hello Board Members and Friends.   It is with deep regret that I must tender my resignation as President from the Saskatchewan Bariatric Support Group aka SBSG.   14 days ago, I was voted in as the newest Town Councillor for Redvers, which comes with another set of responsibilities, meetings, and committees.   Aside from that, I now live in Redvers, Saskatchewan, which is a 550 km round trip from every Board Meeting and every Support Group Meeting and every Wellness Activity, all which are currently booked on different days of the month.   I have realized that my role as President is becoming a emotional and financial strain, of which I am not able to maintain and that it would be unfair to the Group if I remained President and not able to provide more attention.   I know that you, the Board, are amazing people and this Board has never been in a better position then now.   I will still help Tess and Crystal prepare and plan for our potential conference in May, if they would like, however, it will be planning remotely from here in Redvers.   Please understand that this is one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. It breaks my heart to do it, but it's time for me to let the SBSG stand on it's own.   Thank you for respecting and understanding my decision. It was been an honour serving with you and giving a voice to the obese.
Until Next Time I Remain,   Joel Sopp
President
Saskatchewan Bariatric Support Group, Inc. (SBSG)
Phone: (306) 585-2751
Cell: (306) 531-2751
Email: [email protected]
Most Active