Knoxville area clothing swap?

KellyJTn
on 4/11/11 12:09 pm - Oak Ridge, TN
Does anyone know of any clothing swaps around the area?  I do not attend the support groups, so I don't get very much local information.

Anyways, I'm in need of some clothes, and I also have some left that do not fit anymore. If anyone would be interested in getting one of these together, please let me know!

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

Spanky123
on 4/13/11 9:22 am
Hi Kelly,
I tried to send you a PM but couldtn find your member ID I guess.  I am considering having the sleeve done, and I have seen Dr Boyce for first visit.  Would like to hear about your experience. I have already been approved, but cant bring myself to schedule it ,..LOL..Actually, starting a new job and wont have time until Christmas.  But would love to hear from his patients, I dont know anyone who has gone there.
Thanks
heather
Cathy1_getting_my_gr
oove_back

on 4/15/11 1:02 am - Kodak, TN
Hi Kelly, would love to join a clothing swap. I'm in an 18 now, but have lots of 24/ 26s to give away......let me know if you set something up I'm game. I'm in Sevier county. Had a sleeve done on 12/13/10 with UT/ Matt Mancini. :-)
CATHY            
KellyJTn
on 4/18/11 6:08 am - Oak Ridge, TN
Awesome Cathy!  I'm in an 18/20 now as well, and all my stuff is 26/28.  I will check around and see if anyone else would like to participate and maybe I can set something up :)

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

KellyJTn
on 4/18/11 6:06 am - Oak Ridge, TN
Hi Heather!

I tried to e-mail you as well but it says your profile is set to private, so it won't let me.

As far as their office goes, I was pleased with my surgery. Had no major complications and was treated very nicely in the hospital. The ladies in the office are very nice. I could do without the exercise and nutrition consults every few months though. I had the DS, and they tend to give large amounts of RNY info instead. I'm used to just ignoring 99% of what is said, and finding out my own answers to questions here on OH. I do feel like I completely wasted that $1,500 program fee.  As for the nutritionist, I feel like I've only been taught to watch my portions (of course I have to watch them, I can't eat like a cow anymore!) and to limit my carbs and that is all. With the exercise portion, I'm just asked what I do for exercise and that's it. I drive 25 minutes to get to these appointments, so they're really just a waste of my gas. Sorry to be blunt, but I'm honest :)

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

Spanky123
on 4/18/11 8:49 am
Yes, I've had a nutrition "consult" and a exercise "consult" , I felt they were a joke, lasted about 15 minutes and Im sure they billed my insurance 150, plus I had to pay 30 copay.  I'll be getting the sleeve if I decide to go through with it. Unfortunately, my program fee is twice yours :( but I've heard great things about Dr Boyce, he seems to have extensive experience.  Im chicken, Ive never had any surgery before, so Im afraid of worst case scenario. 
Thanks for the info, do you ever attend support meetings? If so , do you find those helpful?
KellyJTn
on 4/18/11 10:51 pm - Oak Ridge, TN
No, I haven't been to any support group meetings. I really feel like I find out all I need to know via the DS forum here. No need to waste any more gas :)

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

southernlady5464
on 5/2/11 11:15 pm
Kelly, the ONLY reason we bother going is to convert people, LOL. That and to meet others in the area, esp other DS'ers, like Shannon.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

southernlady5464
on 5/2/11 11:14 pm
Heather, I had the DS in Jan and just had my 3 month followup. I to had to pay $3,000 so I am going to the appointments, mainly to get my lab work results. Otherwise, his aftercare is a joke unless you are a RNY patient cause they focus on that. Heck, they even refer to a DS stomach as a POUCH!!! I'm sorry, I don't have a pouch.

Like Kelly, I'm getting my info here.

Oh, and see my post on the Vitalady tour stop...she is coming here to Knoxville and my husband and I are the points of contact. We haven't decided on where to have it but we are looking.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

southernlady5464
on 5/2/11 11:09 pm
I have 16's that I no longer can wear and maybe soon will have some 12's cause I am currently in a 10 for the most part, 12 depending on how they are cut. Jeans mainly.

Liz

Most Active
Recent Topics