Looking for Dr. Boyce DS patients

Rors
on 5/5/11 9:48 am - Johnson City, TN

My surgery is coming up in less then 2 weeks. I was curious what % of the stomach he removed and what the length of your common channel is. He assured me that I would lose alot of weight but the size of the sleeve he said he was giving me seems a lot larger then what most of the people on the DS forum seem to have. I was wondering about what other patients exiperience were. How big big is your sleeve and how is the weight loss coming?

sdld2001
on 5/5/11 10:13 pm - Summerville, SC
My CC is 100 cm and he said my sleeve was "around" 5-6oz  to make sure I could get all my protein in. I've lost 65 pounds in 4 months. I have plenty of restriction so I'm not sure that it's really that big. I have very few food intolerances (mostly milk and certain brands of bread) and even those aren't so bad that I totally steer clear of them. So for me I feel like the CC channel length and sleeve size is a good balance for weight loss vs food intolerances/bathroom issues (I have none).
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
southernlady5464
on 5/6/11 3:40 am
Posted a reply to you on the DS board. :)

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Most Active
Recent Topics