St. Francis Wt. Loss Center - Memphis

princess_raspberry
on 6/8/11 6:43 am, edited 6/11/11 12:48 am
Hi.  I'm in Memphis. My insurance has approved me and I'm currently waiting on my psych approval to proceed at the St. Francis Center.  I'm wondering for those of you who have used them, after you had your psych approval, what was next?  And how long did it all take until you had a surgery date?  I'm anxious to know and they are so stingy with information like that! They won't tell me anything except I will meet with a nutritionist next.  That is all I know.  So, what is after that? 
Thanks!

HW 394 | SW 330 | CW 270 | GW 150
preop [64]  month 1 [32]  month 2 [10]  month 3 [18]

princess_raspberry
on 6/11/11 6:34 am
I was able to talk to one of the nutritionist's at the support group this week and got a ton more information.  She said if I could wait on Dr. Weaver to return from sabbatical, I could most likely have my pick of days to work around my school schedule this fall. (I'm back in school working on another degree.) She was so helpful and very forthcoming with information!
HW 394 | SW 330 | CW 270 | GW 150
preop [64]  month 1 [32]  month 2 [10]  month 3 [18]

Bliss149
on 6/12/11 2:28 am
Hey there,
Glad you got filled in on the next step. I had my surgery here on 11-9-09 but I honestly couldn't remember the sequence of things.

I just remember that once I had jumped through ALLLL those hoops, they submitted to my insurance, which is Cigna through FedEx and the approval was quick! I think they responded within a week.

They scheduled my surgery for a few weeks out...I was disappointed to have to wait and just wanted to get it over with. Then they called and had had a cancellation a couple of weeks away so I got on the ball and started my Liver Shrink Diet and boom...here I am a year and a half later about 120 pounds lighter.

I don't get on this forum much now. (In fact, just came on to see if I could list some protein and vitamins that don't work for me to sell for cheap.)

But would love to hear how you do. Good luck to you!

bethp3
on 10/23/11 10:28 am
Do you know if Dr. Weaver is back from sabbatical?
SleeveDivaNoire '11
on 6/18/11 11:01 am
Hi, I had surgery 2/28 this year with Dr. Wegener.  I will tell you what I remember.  First of all, you should be going to your primary doc for the 6 months of weigh-ins.  Near the end of the weigh-ins you will meet with the dietician.  I think before I met with her, I had to attend two nutrition classes (it may have been after).  I did not have to have (and they don't require) a sleep study anymore unless insurance does.  I had CIGNA, and they do not require that.  My six months ended in Dec. '10.  I was originally scheduled for 2/1/11, but changed to 2/28 per my own choice.  Approval only took a week or less.  My PCP was very helpful in sending my referral letter with weigh-ins to the clinic. 

You can come to the support group meetings now:  psyche support meets 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of ech month; nutrition support, 2nd Thursday each month.   That will help you prepare for post-op and meet pre- and post-op surgery patients.  Very helpful!

Hope to see you there soon.  PM me if you have any questions.

Khem
AKA NotBaby_Fat
Ht 5'6"/HBMI: 50.8 /CBMI: 37.1
HW 315/SW 299.9/CW 230/GW 160

Most Active
Recent Topics