I am in deep mourning!!!

BOBOKITTY
on 12/4/03 12:56 pm - MD
It has finally come to me after all of the wonderful responses I received from my last post. I am in deep mourning. I have loss my best friend. FOOD. It never dawned on me before that I abused food the way I did. I never realized how much I depended on food until now. I find that as soon as I am stressed good or bad I am ready to reach for something to shove in my mouth. So I had to find something else. It is still hard no matter how much I try and divert my attention to something else,but at least it is a start. I bought the Gazelle Elite by Tony Little and now when I am stressed good or bad I HOP on Tony and ride into the sunset. I just wanted to say thank you all so much for your kind words and heartfelt emails. I know this is just the begining for me and that things will get better. I am slowly but surely learning the meaning "Patience is a Virtue". Adrienne
smiln60
on 12/20/03 5:29 am - Madison, AL
I too have mourned food, but I love to cook, and have learned to be more creative. Tell me more about the Gazelle Elite???? Single Mom, on a tight budget, but want to buy one single piece of equipment that I will use. Key words there, "will use". Do you feel like you are being "worked" out? I have a back problem, but that thing looks like it would be great. You are the only person I know with one......so share all that information.........please. Rachel
CAMFR
on 12/20/03 8:28 pm - MEMPHIS, TN
Don't you just love those gazelle type exercisers? I have one but it is called a glider. Same thing as the gazelle except, for later on, it has resistance shocks on it so I can really feel some burn. But it is the best low impact exercise in the world. I have bad knees and there is no way I can walk 3 to 5 miles a day and not be in bed the rest of the day. But my glider is great. No pressure on the old knees or back at all. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robin L.
on 12/26/03 8:17 am - Shelbyville, TN
Adrienne, This is the first time I have posted a message but I saw yours and couldn'e help it. I know exactly what you mean about being in mourning. I had a really hard time myself. Just know that each day gets easier. As you lose more weight and feel better about yourself you won't "need" the food as much. Good luck and God bless you.
Most Active
Recent Topics