help

keisha G.
on 12/18/03 1:57 am - alcoa, tn
I have blue care tenncare and im trying to find a doctor that does the duodenal switch surgery. If anyone knows of one please let me know e mail is [email protected] Thanks so much
Pamela B.
on 12/18/03 2:24 am - Cornersville, TN
The only doctor I know that does the Duodenal Switch is Dr Husted and Dr. Anderson, they do require $5000.00 down, upfront before surgery. Those are the only ones I know in this area. I had Lap RNY with no problems. Pamela Blackall
missdjv B.
on 12/18/03 8:05 pm - clarksville, tn
Hi Keisha. Dr Husted has a website, www.johnhustedmd.com. I know theres been changes to the downpayments and insurance, and they really do their best to help. I had medicare, so I had to pay the Dr Fees. But to have Dr Husted, and to get a LAP DS is worth it. Good luck
Gina H.
on 12/20/03 4:16 pm - Shamokin, PA
I am a patient of Dr. Anderson and the previous poster is correct in that he and his group at Cumberland Center for Obesity Surgery are the only ones doing the DS in Tennessee. They only accept the PHP/Tenncare and the Tenncare Select plans. The Drs and their entore staff are, without a doubt, the best and it would be well worth it to you to perhaps change insurance plans in order to have the DS. ( just my opinion)
grandmashannon
on 12/31/03 10:41 am - LaFollette, TN
I had DS with Dr Husted on 10-03-03, and I also have TennCare. I started out with BlueCare, but had it switched to PHP. I didn't have to pay one penny. None, Nada! If you have private insurance, you are required to pay what the insurance is not expected to pay. But with TennCare, there is no charge for you for any of it. Dr.Husteds nurse Jamie just answered a question today, or yesterday on their message board about BlueCare. She said to call the office and talk to them. They are doing TennCare on a case by case basis. They are great there, and will work to get you approved. Call them, you won't be sorry! Hugs Shannonking
Most Active
Recent Topics