SOOOOOOO TIRED!!!!

smiln60
on 1/1/04 11:17 am - Madison, AL
I had my surgery December 2nd and went back to work the 22nd of December. I had to call Dr. Olsen's office the first day back. I was so tired I had no clue how I would be able to walk to my car. I get all my fluids, take my vitamins, B-12, get all my protein, and have lost 27 pounds. SO WHY AM I SO TIRED???? Any ideas what to do? I also talked to the on-call dietician....HELP!!! I don't know how I'll make it through another day. I worked 3 days, and spent ALL day today in bed. I don't call this a life........ Since I've gone back to work, my short term disability has ended, and if I miss a day now, it gets written up on my perm. record, and I don't get paid. Being a single Mom, I'm out of options. Rachel Dr. Olsen / LAP RNY 12-02-03 27 Pounds gone forever
Stephanie M.
on 1/2/04 11:52 am - Nashville, Tn
HI RACHEL HAVE YOU TRIED IRON PILLS.I KNOW THAT THEY WORKED FOR ME AND I HOPE IT WILL WORK FOR YOU.STEPHANIE
smiln60
on 1/3/04 2:48 am - Madison, AL
Thanks Stephanie! My regular appointment is this Friday, and I may request blood work then. The hardest part is making it through the work day, then having no energy to be there for my child. She's 12, and I just can't do anything for her. I feel so bad for her, and it just makes me sad that I am unable to spend any quality time with her. I was on full pay disability until the 11th of January, but was released to return to work, so the disability has ended......work is not my whole life. My daughter, Rose, has suffered more than I have, and I had the surgery.....go figure!!!
Stephanie M.
on 1/3/04 7:34 am - Nashville, Tn
I UNDERSTAND THE ENEGRY THE LEVEL BEING LOW .I FELT HORRIBLE.AND I HAVE THREE KIDS SO I TRUELY UNDERSTAND FEELING BAD FOR NOT HAVE THE ENEGRY TO DEAL WITH THEM BUT IT DOES GET BETTER AS TIME GOES ON JUST HANG IN THERE IT DOES GET BETTER.I'M ONLY 8 MONTHS OUT AND I FEEL ALOT BETTER NOW THAN I DID AT FIRST AND THAT FOR SURE.I HOPE THE IRON WORKS FOR YOU LIKE I SAID FROM THE BEGINNING I FELT BETTER AFTER I STARTED TAKING MY IRON PILLS.TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF RACHEL AND IN DUE TIME YOU WILL HAVE SO MUCH ENEGRY YOU WILL TIRE OUT YOUR DAUGHTER,LOL.BYE FOR NOW STEPHANIE
smiln60
on 1/5/04 6:57 am - Madison, AL
Thanks for the kind words!!! To make things worse, my period had to be treated at the emergency room last night..........I bleed so hard for 36 hours, I had to have an injection to help it stop, of course it's slowed down, but not stopped. I'm really more that frustrated right now. I've lost 29 pounds, but at what cost...........
Stephanie M.
on 1/6/04 7:21 am - Nashville, Tn
RACHEL,I SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOU FEMALE EMERGENCY ROOM PROBLEM, I HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH YOUR FEMALE PROBLEM AND THAT ALL GOES BETTER FOR YOU IN THE WEEKS TO COME .I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS.SO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.BYE FOR NOW STEPAHNIE
smiln60
on 1/7/04 9:59 am - Madison, AL
Thanks Stephanie!!! I go back to the GYN tomorrow, and my regular check-up with Dr. Olsen Friday. I think I live in Dr.'s office's right now. Every day has gotten easier, and I'll have blood work done as well. I feel pretty good right now. Rachel
Stephanie M.
on 1/7/04 12:22 pm - Nashville, Tn
YOUR WELCOME RACHEL! I'M GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR FEELING BETTER.AND THAT I HOPE ALL GOES WELL AT DR.OLSEN'S OFFICE FOR YOU TOMORROW.I RECALL THAT I WANTED HIM FOR MY DOCTOR BUT HE WAS NOT EXCEPTING MY INSURANCE AT THAT TIME.BUT THAT'S OK.I HEARD HE WS GOOD.ANYWAY,I FELT AS THOUGH I WAS LIVING AT THE DR'S OFFICE IN THE BEGINNING BUT NOW IT IS ALOT BETTER TO SEE HIM EVERY COUPLE OF MONTHS OR SO.WELL KEEP US POSTED ON ON YOUR JOURNEY.LATER, STEPHANIE
Ms Melanie
on 1/4/04 8:01 am - MEMPHIS, TN
RACHEL WITH YOUR SENIORITY YOU KNOW FMLA WILL PAY UP TO THE 7TH DAY YOU'RE OUT. YOU WONT GET PD FOR THE FIRST 2 DAYS. BUT CHECK WITH YOUR PCP & SEE IF HE CAN GET YOU SOME MORE DAYS OFF THAT WILL BE EXCUSED BY FMLA. YOUR SURGEON SHOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU MORE TIME OR AT LEAST WROTE YOU UP TO GO BACK 1/2 DAYS AT FIRST. I GO BACK TO BST TOMORROW & I'M NOT LOOKING FORWAD TO IT ALTHOUGH I THANK GOD ALMIGHTY FOR THE JOB. ALL IS WELL WITH ME, I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL. I'VE BEEN OFF 6 WEEKS & I'M STILL DRAINED. HOWEVER, I'M NOT GETTING MY FLUIDS & PROTEINS IN. HOPEFULLY I CAN DO BETTER ONCE I GET BACK TO WORK & JUST SITTING THERE I CAN DRINK DRINK DRINK. AND NIBBLE ON A PROTEIN BAR OR TWO. BUT AS LONG AS KEMPER APPROVES IT I'LL ONLY DO 1/2 DAYS FOR THE NEXT 3 WEEKS
smiln60
on 1/5/04 7:04 am - Madison, AL
Hey Melanie, God did bless us with great jobs, demanding, but great benefits as well. I had to be treated at the ER last night for a period that would not slow down, he even talked of emergency hysterectomy. I had an injection, and am waiting for the bleeding to stop. I wonder what will be next??? I am so tired, I've slept all week-end, well what time I wasn't in the bathroom changing pads......I know (to much information)....Hope you had a good day @ BST, I could not make it in to work today.......I really needed to be off a little longer, just to get over this. My OB-GYN said he had another patient that had gastric bypass, had to have emergency hysterectomy because the bleeding would not stop.....we'll see what happens next.
Most Active
Recent Topics