Dr. Olsen?/Centennial?

Brown Eyes KY
on 2/24/04 10:42 am - KY
I'm scheduled for a consult with Dr. Olsen in a week. Has anyone had any experience with him or with Centennial Hospital? Does anyone know the out-of-pocket expense? Thanks in advance for any help.
Starr H.
on 2/27/04 1:19 am - Gallatin, TN
Hi Donna, Boy is it hard to get a response on this board. We are all here for the same thing. We gotta support our own. I do not know anything about Dr. Olsen. He does not take my insurance. If I find something out I'll let you know. God Bless and good luck with the consult. Starr
smiln60
on 2/29/04 9:05 pm - Madison, AL
I drove from Alabama to be a patient of Dr. Olsen. His staff is great, some of them have had the surgery, and know where we are in our lives. The Hospital is great too. They are very caring, and really do try to make you stay as comfortable as possible. Dr. Olsen is very straight forward, and determined for you to make it. Good Luck!! Rachel 12-02-03 / 56 pounds
beatlebug2066
on 2/28/04 9:33 pm - SEVIERVILLE, TN
Donna, I have also chosen DR OLSEN and I have heard all wonderful things about his skill and ability. I hve yet to meet him myslef but his staff have been wonderful to. I live 3 hours from Nashville and they have been very helpful in mailing me all the info and faxing things to me. I might even get to have my consult with him the day I attend the seminar to save me a trip back. Cenennial HospitaL is supposed to be excellent too, I have a friend that worked there about 4 years ago and she said the nurses really try to comfort you and baby you while you are there with them, of course everyone has their opinion of things, I ama nurse myself and know that all nurses are not the same, just cross your fingers and hope you get a good round of them.....sheila
Brown Eyes KY
on 2/28/04 10:31 pm - KY
Thanks, ladies, for your posts. I have a consult scheduled this week. Wish me luck!
Debi H.
on 3/2/04 12:14 am - Antioch, TN
I don't know anything about Dr. Olsen but my primary physician speaks very highly of Centennial. He said they have an entire wing devoted to bariatric needs. I really trust my own doctor and am planning on having my surgery performed at Centennial. Good luck!
Melissa C.
on 2/1/07 11:49 am - Goodspring, TN
Have you had your consult with him yet? I would love to hear about it. I went to a seminar and he was the Dr. presenting it. Boy was he informative. Made me feel like I would be in good hands with him. I had already chosen Dr. Houston but after the seminar I changed my decision to Olsen. I am still pre-op and would love to know your experience with him.
Brown Eyes KY
on 2/3/07 6:28 pm - KY
I've had more than my consult with him. Almost three years ago I had my surgery with him. Centennial was AWESOME!!!! I've never been treated better. Dr. Olsen is full of information. Not much on personality but he is trustworthy, experienced, and reliable. He is straightforward and tells it like it is. I developed pneumonia a month and a half after surgery and he came by EVERY day to check on me (even though technically I wasn't there for anything pertaining to him). He made me feel secure knowing he was checking on me and checking on my test results, etc. Check out my profile. If you still have any further questions, I'll try to anwer them. I've lost about 112 pounds since April 12, 2004.
Most Active
Recent Topics