Surgery Pending

cindyhove
on 2/7/11 7:37 am - United Kingdom
 Hi, If anyone reads this I am hopefully having surgery within the next few weeks. I am due to have my pre op assessment next week at UCL Hospital in London.
Does anyone have any feedback on their op there? How it was? How the hospital is? etc etc etc
Thanks
Sooz.L.
on 3/20/11 4:51 am - United Kingdom
Hi there Just found the uk forum.   Fantastic....

I had a VSG on Thursday in Southampton at Spire hospitals with Jamie Kelly.  He was great and my sleepy dr Mr Andrew Samson was fabulous as well.
I decided on a VSG as I didn't want to have any alien objects in my body and Jamie told me about the bad things that can happen with lap bands and recommended the sleeve.  I was dead against the bypass as it seemed a little too drastic for me.
It really does not matter who you talk to and where you go as long as you trust who you are putting your body with.
Good luick and hope to hear more from you in this forum
sue

Paul5678
on 3/27/11 2:55 am - United Kingdom
Hi there, have you had the surgery yet?  Hope everything has/will go/gone well!!  I had a vsg as well, just over a year ago.  Please let me know if you have any questions for me. 
cindyhove
on 3/27/11 5:24 am - United Kingdom
 Thanks all of you.
I am scheduled for a sleeve on 5th April - tuesday week and am currently on a revolting pre op diet.
Strangely enough I am not nervous about it yet.....

Siui80
on 5/25/11 1:02 am
Hi all I am based in Ireland, but there does not seem to be Irish on this site from what I have found. I am waiting on a date for gastric bypass. Would love any advise and really hope Cindyhove that your surgery went well.
sarahbabe
on 8/9/12 6:10 pm
 Hi, I live in the UK and am contemplating which procedure to have, I dont want the band, and am a bit concerned about the by pass, due to the excess weight left after the weight loss.  Was thinking that the staple would be kinder, because it gives me time to adjust to the weight loss, and my skin time too, what does anyone think?
Devongirl
on 8/27/12 5:38 am - Bronx, NY
Devongirl
on 8/27/12 5:38 am - Bronx, NY
Devongirl
on 8/27/12 5:39 am - Bronx, NY
Hi, just found your post and know its been a long time since you first posted this. But I live in the UK too, and just had RNY surgery.

I hope you are doing great.
Jill P.
on 2/25/11 7:55 pm - United Kingdom
Hi, I live in Reigate, Surrey & had a gastric band last Oct. I guess you might have made a decision by now but I'm here if you want to ask anything!  There isn't many Brits using this site unfortunately but it is a good one!

Regards
Jill
Most Active
Recent Topics
hi everyone
vrillon · 0 replies · 901 views
Is there anyone in here??
fionax · 0 replies · 5574 views
Nuffield
CarenUK · 0 replies · 6999 views
New here, first anniversary...
Paul5678 · 4 replies · 7112 views