computer help?

Debbie in va beach
on 12/27/05 9:36 am - virginia beach, VA
Hi all, SInce I got a new computer this weekend, the message board is only about half screen size, and I can't make it fill the screen like it did on my old one. It's hard on my eyes. We've played with font, etc , and can change most displays but not this board. I admit to not being most adept at computers so can anyone suggest a fix for this? THanks Debbie
april H.
on 12/27/05 10:23 am - hampton, VA
I wish I had an answer for you, I have the same problem in reverse w/ MSN groups being to big in size Curious to see how to solve it
Carole V.
on 12/27/05 11:22 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi Debbie, I'm assuming you are using Windows and Internet Explorer. If so, go to Start > Control Panel and select Display. Select the Settings tab. Move the screen resolution slider to the left (less). (My laptop is set on 1024 by 768 pixels but you may need less than that.) Hit Apply. If that doesn't work, maybe someone else will have an idea. Carole
Debbie in va beach
on 12/27/05 7:00 pm - virginia beach, VA
Carole, you are wonderful! You have saved my sanity. No mean feat according to my husband! It worked great, thanks! Debbie
akasha2u
on 12/27/05 9:39 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
also on this window at the top right...very top is three little symbols and x (which means close), a - (which means put me on the bottom so you cant see me at all ), and two boxes over lapping try the over lapping boxs (which will make the window half size or full size..) this might sound dumb but if you know this but you said you were computer newb
Debbie in va beach
on 12/28/05 3:08 am - virginia beach, VA
Thanks Trish, but I did know that one! Carole hit the nail on the head. You know, nothing in regards to computers can be taken as common knowledge. I read some funny questions sent in to trouble shooters once, things like "where is my ANY key?" and "why is my computer calling me INVALID? I'm not handicapped." LOL! I'm not quite that backwards but I sure don't know it all. Debbie
kreativdeb
on 12/30/05 7:22 am - chesapeake, VA
Debbie, I found you on this site and realized the our surgeries are scheduled a couple days apart. I go on Jan 10. I live in Chesapeake. Are you interested in sharing experiences? Oh yeah! My e-mail is [email protected].
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 865 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2191 views