Another stricture...and good news, too

elizabeth b-c
on 12/27/05 12:28 pm - Charlottesville, VA
Hi, Virginia Peeps: I called my doc today because I have been having pain every time I eat and a lot of nausea. He thinks it is another stricture (I had one at about six weeks out), and is calling me tomorrow with the date and time for another endoscopy. I'm upset - everything else has been going so well... I'm down 108.5 at sixteen weeks out. My cholesterol is 111, my blood pressure is normal, my hematocrit is 46, my kidneys and liver are fine, my diabetes is gone...how much better could it get? My doc was great, though. He gave me a big hug and told me he was so proud of me, and that I looked amazing. I don't think so, but it is nice that he does. I do know that shopping at Belk is a trip - I bought a really beautiful Liz Claiborne blouse with Christmas gift cards. Who'd have thought I could wear Liz Claiborne? I never thought I'd be able to shop at normal stores again. So, even with the stricture (which in the grand scheme of things is relatively minor), ain't life grand? Hugs to all, and Happy New Year. 2006 is going to be a blast! elizabeth 359/251/160
Kennie29
on 12/27/05 3:45 pm - Chesapeake, VA
I hope that you feel better and congrats on the weightloss. I am sure that your dr will take good care of you!!!!! Keep us posted. By the way I am Kennie, a newbie to the site and my date is set for 2-6-06!!!!!!! Feel better soon! Kennie
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/27/05 8:33 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Elizabeth....Wow, you have been such a success....I know nothing about strictures and hope I don't have any complications as I am only 1 1/2 weeks out...feel great but am still on clear liquids..ready for something pureed. Can't wait until Friday and I can have something besides clear liquids...yum, I am looking forward to pureed....can you imagine? hehe Hugs, Betsy
elizabeth b-c
on 12/27/05 10:15 pm - Charlottesville, VA
Betsy and Kennie: Thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate the support. I will find out today when they are going to do the procedure to correct the stricture. Betsy, hang in there girl - you're doing so well. Kennie - we were all newbies once. You are certainly a welcome addition to the board. Hugs, elizabeth 359/251/160
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/05 10:55 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Congratualtions Elizabeth on your weight loss, and sorry about your stricture. I do remember when you had your other one. Now, I'm confused. I thought a few weeks back you gave us a farewell?? Did I miss your 'coming back' announcement?? In any event, it's good to see you posting again, and Elizabeth we like to see you respond to OUR posts as well! So don't be shy about posting to our posts! Happy New Year! donna
elizabeth b-c
on 12/27/05 11:33 pm - Charlottesville, VA
Hi, Donna: I was having a really bad time when I said goodbye, and I reconsidered. I do respond to people's posts, frequently. I looked at my saved folder, and I have responded over 450 times in five months. I am having the endoscopy tomorrow, if everything scheduling-wise works out. Happy New Year! elizabeth
~*Country Girl*~
on 12/28/05 3:26 am - somewhere in de Mtns!, VA
Elizabeth, I am so sorry to hear about the possible stricture. I have been lucky to never have had one yet so I really don't know what all is involved in making things right and the healing process. Anyway I wanted to wish you best of luck and that the tests run smooth for you. That you heal up real fast! Congrats on the awesome weight loss! Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/05 4:44 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Elizabeth, I know how those bad days can be! I once read a post by a very smart lady who said something like when she is having a bad day and wants to exit, she just quietly goes away for a few days or whatever, and that way she doesn't have to explain when she comes back. I always think of that when I have bad days!! Thanks for the info on your response rate! I didn't mean for you to have to count them!! Good luck tomorrow! donna
Ms Court
on 12/28/05 5:30 am - Remington, VA
Hey Elizabeth glad to hear you are doing so well. Your losses are wonderful. Shopping sounds like so much fun. The stricture kind of sucks but at least it is easily fixed. Your post has helped lift me up some today. I am only 3 1/2 weeks out but my body has temporarily frozen on me and even though I expected it and knew it was going to happen it is still frustrating. Courtney 305/280/155
fishtayl
on 12/28/05 10:26 pm - Bealeton, VA
Elizabeth, I wish you well on the endoscopy. Let me know how you do. I had a stricture fixed at 5-6 weeks post op. I was so miserable before it was fixed. I got immediate relief from it and was able to carry on back to normal. Just know that it will be better soon. You are doing so great with your health and weight loss!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 865 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2191 views