What's YOUR New Year's Resolution?

*~Tigger~ *
on 12/31/05 12:39 am - Staunton, VA
Hey, everybody! Happy New Year's Eve! This year has been full of sooooooooo much for me. WLS in February --I'm now down 115 pounds, feel great, and am wearing a size 4 in jeans! Then in July I had major surgery on my spine. It has been quite a year. Now onto 2006. I resolve.................................... 1. Exercise more 2. Drink more water How about you? What do you resolve for the new year?
kammcdonald
on 12/31/05 2:04 am - Norfolk, VA
Congratulations, JoAnn, on your weight loss success in 2005!! I guess it was "quite a year" for you!! Although I normally don't make New Year's resolutions, I am feeling differently this year. I am already down 30 or more pounds since my WLS, and I am feeling quite optimistic that I will get down to my personal goal in the coming year. I resolve to exercise and to take all the protein, water, and vitamins I need to, in order to make that happen. And, considering all the energy I have gained in these past 6 weeks, I want to put my new energy to good use in the coming year.......I'm thinking of changing jobs....maybe even going into business for myself.....and I'm thinking of moving, too. Both things have been on my mind for a long time, but I never felt I had the stamina for either. Thanks to my WLS, I think I now do!! Something tells me this is going to be a great year!! Happy New Year Everyone!! *Kam*
*~Tigger~ *
on 12/31/05 7:52 am - Staunton, VA
Kam, Congrats on starting the ride of your life! It is truly amazing how much this surgery changes your perspective on EVERYTHING! Good luck with whatever changes you decide to make. Happy New Year! JoAnn
Kathy & Rich
on 12/31/05 5:09 am - Fairfax, VA
I'm not making any resolutions. I will be sporatically during the year setting goals perhaps monthly and revising them as I go along. I think goals are more positive than resolutions - perhaps it is just semantics but resolutions seem to be trying to overturn bad habits or something. I dunno. Perhaps I think too much about it! LOL! 2005 was a most interesting year for me... March 2005: Lower back surgery (laminectomy to trim the herniated part off of two herniated discs) May 2005: Weight loss surgery October 2005: Gallbladder surgery Lost 105 lbs since mid-February (start of pre-op diet). And 2006 should be better though I'm already slated to have one more surgery. No date set yet...got an ultrasound and biopsy to be done first but I will be having surgery to at least remove one of my parathyroid glands. The problem has been with me for a couple of years and finally a doctor has now seen the problem though I'll be getting confirmation at another ultrasound and then biopsing my thryoid because I have nodules figuring if they are going in surgically to remove a parathyroid gland - if the thyroid needs removal - it can be done at the same time. Good thought! After this, I'm done with surgery unless the plastic surgery fairy comes and gives me a free breast lift or something. LOL! Yea, right! My goals involve things like: running a mile, running a 5K race, etc. I look forward to challenging myself. I'm not setting dates to accomplish these - just leaving it open. Best wishes, Kathy
*~Tigger~ *
on 12/31/05 8:03 am - Staunton, VA
Kathy, And I thought I had had a rough year! Seriously, you and I have both had an eventful 2005. Hopefully, 2006 will be a healthier year for us all. Good luck with your upcoming surgery! JoAnn
A10sFrau
on 12/31/05 8:59 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Never make them. i wouldn't keep them. I am just looking forward to a new life very soon! Lois
*~Tigger~ *
on 12/31/05 9:08 am - Staunton, VA
Lois, I always resolved to lose weight, but never did until this year. Good luck with the beginning of a wonderful ride! BTW, I am originally from Rockbridge County. I grew up in the Poplar Hill area of the county, and still have my parents' house where I plan to one day retire. Happy New Year! JoAnn
A10sFrau
on 12/31/05 9:19 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I live on Hotel Hill in Glasgow and teach at PMHS. I'm not originally from Rockbridge, but have made it my forever home. It's a good place to live. and I learned early on, how to fit in. Lois
*~Tigger~ *
on 12/31/05 10:30 am - Staunton, VA
Too I went to Glasgow Elementary and Lexington High, neither of which is still in existance! (Was it because of me? ) I taught at Brownsburg Middle my first year of teaching. Wait a minute..........that's gone too! Also, my cousin recently retired from teaching at PMHS-- Winnie Carr- do you know her? Actually, I'm related to about half of Buena Vista! Small world, huh? JoAnn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 869 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2194 views