New Year Thoughts !!

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/05 6:27 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
WOW guys !.. another year .. 365 days behind us .. This being the last Saturday night of the year .. many of you are probably out and getting ready to settle in to your parties .. or get togethers ... or you could be just here with us on the boards .. where ever you are .. Happy New Year .. !!! I wanted to leave you all with some words before I head off .. This year has been one of Finalization, Realization and Stipulations Finalizations - Finally free to be me .. Last year at this time I was struggling to get to my goal weight which I thought was 160 lbs .. well that came and went and now I sit here at 127 .. And this IS to be my final weight .. Finally able to branch out and use all the gifts God gave me .. with no restraints NO .. sickness or pain ..now that is one heck of a year .. ! Realization ... Realizing that I am somebody .. that I do matter .. and that as long as I live with the tool I was given .. I will have to work at fighting obesity .. that this tool is just that .. my tool .. and over the past 365 days .. I have had to learn some really hard lessons .. 1. You must stay hydrated .. or you can pass out .. and you must eat .. no matter what .. or you pass out .. ( Happend to me 2 x ) Lesson Learned! Realizing that I have friends beyond imagine .. This board has blessed me with some of the best friends ever .. you all know who you are ... Way to many for me to name .. the New Year .. will bring me even more .. I see the board filling up with new names .. and to all of you people that are new .. Look out .. 06 is going to rock for you ! And I can not wait to meet you .. Stipulations .. I in the new year have several new stipulations .. Everything I do is to be positive .. I will not allow negitivity into my life .. or into my lifestyle .. I will not accept anything less than respect .. love from those that enter my circle .. I stipulate my eating habits to be one of good foods - rich proteins and the will power to maintain this body that I have been given .. I will not allow any junk ... No Junk in .. No junk out and that goes for my love life too !!! LOL ... He is going to have to be one hell of a Nemo to get close to me .. ( It is fun in the ocean though ! ) I look forward to the months ahead with you all .. I welcome all the new post ops . Pre-ops .. and to those that take the time to read my post .. I know sometimes .. I can seem redundant .. or I post a lot of info .. I do this because I care .. And those that know me .. know how passionate I am about this surgery and doing things to be successful at it . You ALL are success stories to be told .. You ALL have my respect for choosing to save your life .. to go where no one truly knows .. until you live this life .. We all share such a common bond here .. and we need to continue to support and love one another .. we may not all agree on things but we all can agree that our surgeries .. our lifestyles forever bond us in ways you can not begin to count . Go forth in this New Year .. with positive thoughts .. goals and ideas .. keep your head held high.. and know that your LIFESTYLE IS FOR LIFE .. and YOU ARE WHY THIS ALL WORKS !!! Happy New Year .. and May you all be blessed with the best in the coming days .. Always , Natalie aka.. Tink.. Irish Pixie .. or Pix Finalization .. Realization and Stipulations
Susan E.
on 12/31/05 7:11 am - Purcellville, VA
Well said. Happy New Year everyone. Be safe tonight. Hugs, Susan
Kitty Kat
on 12/31/05 7:50 am - Richmond, VA
My Pixie it certainly has been a year hasn't it? To list it all would be a challenge so I will pick the highlights. I started this year still preggers with our 2nd bugga. January marked my 2 year post op WLS anniversary. January, February & March had us concerned with our 2nd bugga making her appearance early as the 1st one did. I spent the better part of those 3 months on restrictions and/or bed rest. God of course was (still is) on our side and she and I made it to the morning of our planned c-section and at the same time I made the decision to get a Tubal Ligation. Anyone who knows me knows I would to have more children but it isn't in the cards. Therefore, we are blessed with the 2 we have and them more with each passing minute, day, week and so forth. April, May and June were spent learning and growing for all of us especially with our new addition. It is also at the point when I began to realize that I wanted more for me and my life and needed to make some changes. I needed to get out more and have more fun and experience things I felt like I've missed out on. From 2000 I've been preggers w/ an ER c-section @ 29 1/2 weeks in 2001, then spent 2001 recovering and studying WLS. 2002 was a year of much planning, testing, poking etc. for WLS. 2003 I had WLS and spent the next 16-18 months recovering and losing 178lb then got preggers in 2004 and another c-section this year gaining 45 lb and I've only shed 15 lb of it. I have 25 lb to go but I WILL get it off. Since I spent just about 5 years with all that and the years before being heavy I needed to come out of my shell and see what I'm made of. What have I realized? I AM somebody and always have been. I AM important and not just what I can do for others but I matter and have helped many others when I thought no one cared or listened. I have feelings, wants, needs, desires, dreams and I deserve happiness. I AM learning to speak up for myself and that it's really OK to say no. I AM realizing that I can make my life better and can make choices without worrying about what others say and think. I AM understanding that my health and well being are important. I AM understanding the importance of getting in all my vitamins and meds and exercising and making myself a role model for my buggas especially so that they do not have to face the challenges I have and I'm not just talking about being heavy. For so long, I've worried about everyone's needs and have taken care of them that I was left sitting on the sidelines watching them have all the fun while I secretly cried myself to sleep at night because I felt so worthless and felt so abandoned. That being said July I started getting well, more independant and wanting to go out and meet others from the boards and in general and have great convos over great eats. Just to be out and about having fun and enjoying the company I'm in. I met Ross & Dianna in NOVA and then Dianna & I had THE best time @ Kings Dominion. I will NEVER forget her kindness and her putting up with me acting like a total dork about riding the rides over and over and talking her to death. I couldn't believe she actually WANTED to hang out with me. I was like WOW! I celebrated my 28th birthday in August. Just another day but a turning point in many ways. There was the Walk from Obesity in September which was neat and I met so many I'd been seeing on here. You are all amazing and your stories are wonderful. I am thankful for all the compliments I got and for so long was like yeah right when ya'll would say them but I've come to realize I DO have inner beauty as well as outer beauty and need to believe more in myself. I've partied pretty hard this year as well. One time could have been an unfortunate outcome if it were not for Dianna, Ross, Nat, Shannon, and Diane. Thanks guys for taking care of me. Trust me when I say not only do I thank you but my husband, girls and family and other friends do as well. I think if ya'll hadn't been so good to me I may have seen our maker a lil' bit earlier. Been some great times dancing and chatting and partying and we've of course shed many tears and had many laughs. October, November and December have been months of holidays, family and friends and me struggling with understanding myself and realizing that in '06 I need to be positive and I need to take care of me more often. I need to realize that it's ok to have a bad day and it's ok to be happy. Most of all I've realized I've needed to ask for help and I done just that. I'm going into '06 with hope and optimism. I am going to be a better friend, lover, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, etc. I am going to do right by myself and make my life what I want it to be. In reflection, I truly believe if I had not had WLS I don't know that I would be as strong as I am sitting here on the last day of this year. I could not have made it without the many friends I've met and developed life long connections with this year. My family has been there for me and my friends are growing in number. I am so thankful for everyone. For those of you coming into our world so to speak you are on an amazing journey and it gets better and better. That being said please take the time to stop and be thankful for all the things you have and this tool works if you work for it and with it. Always, Kitty Kat May God bless ya'll with love, joy, happiness, good health, financial stability and may all the hopes and dreams you have be granted. Dianna- I love you with all my heart. From the night we met I knew we would be forever friends. You have changed my view on so many things and made me realize things about myself I didn't know. You have touched so many and have been so helpful. For you I am thankful and will cherish our connection always. Nat- My GAWD I remember seeing you that first day in Dr. Martin's/Dr. Hutcher's office. I thought this woman is so dam beautiful and she doesn't even know it. I knew you would be PERFECT for surgery and somehow I also knew you would forever change not just your life but the lives of all you come in contact with. We are forever friends and our connection is GREAT! We too, are life long friends and I'm thankful for you. Betsy- Our rising butterfly...spread those wings, fly away and never look back. Your journey is taking you places you could never imagine. You are beautiful and let no one or nothing stand in your way. I love you and wish you the best. We too are becoming the best of friends and I will cherish every minute of chatting, talking and spending time together we can get. I am thankful for you. I am thankful to so many here and so many that aren't on OH. I cannot imagine the direction my life would have taken had it not been for God and everyone else. If it had not been for my determination to get this surgery NONE of this would even be possible. I am thankful for it all.
Pat F.
on 12/31/05 8:34 am - Richmond, VA
Pix, what a year this has been. With so much happening I think that we all forgot how good things really are. I found that I want to live for a long time to come and know what I need to next year. One I need to keep losing my weight. Two I want to see everyone happy and well. I want to get into my new field of work and be happy in it. That will not be until late in the year. Like Kat said I need to take care of me first and then everything else. This year I look forward to spending more time taking care of myself and getting heathy and living to see my grandkids married and have greatgrandkids. I wish all of you a very Happy New Years and a successful one on our weight lose and getting on with a new life ahead of us. Remember to try to eat at least 1 teaspoon of blackeye peas and stewed tomatoes tommrow for good luck.
sylvia
on 12/31/05 8:53 am - Stafford, VA
Thank you. Please do not ever leave the boards. Your honesty and insight are right on target, and I know I will need to in the coming year as I, too embark on this journey.
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/1/06 1:37 am - Danville, VA
Aww, Nat, between you and Kat, I am not sure who gets the point acrossed better...I will have no resolutions, I am going with goals....Goals to get my life in better shape than it has been in years...Goals to get my body back to a healthy function...goals to meet and love people ...goals to help anyone I can. I have been so blessed by this board, I can hardly believe how much my life has changed in less than a year. I love you all.' Hugs.\ THE Butterfly Betsy
donnap
on 1/1/06 2:46 am - Collinsville, VA
What beautiful thoughts you all have put into words. Part of my resolutions for this year is to become an active member (again) on this board. Pre & post-op, I posted on the main board and a bit on the AL board. After moving to VA in May, I've been so darn busy with this house, that I've opted to only post on my "old" low-carb board which I've been a member of for years. This year though, I want / need the company of people who are going through this wonderful journey. Donna P
twinkie ~.
on 1/1/06 3:31 am - norfolk, va
nat, thanks for being here and being so persistant! thanks for having so much information to share and beng so supportive. most of all thanks for caring enough to keep pushing us to be better and healthier!!!! *love you lots* ~susanne~
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 869 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2194 views