I feel NORMAL again

TammyNVA
on 1/1/06 9:23 am - Chesterfield, VA
What a wonderful past 36 hours I've had!! My daughter suprised my husband and I with an overnight stay at the Radisson Hotel downtown (Richmond) and dinner last night, New Years Eve. Ok, she and her girl friends had an alterior motive... they wanted the house to themselves for a party with their boyfriends. We talked about it, and after I layed down some rules (these same girls had some wild parties at our old house when I was out of town and I heard about it from the neighbors, when they were teenagers,) we decided to take them up on it. They are all over 21 and live at home (students and working,) so Kyle and I decided to enjoy ourselves. The highlight was going out to dinner for the first time, post-op. I just had a few items including fish, added to my diet Friday and hadn't really eaten much yet, so I looked for menus of restaurants downtown on line to get an idea of their menus. We chose La Grotta Ristorante (italian) and OH MY GAWD... it was fabulous!!! I ordered salmon, which came with a beurre blanc sauce that I asked to have on the side, mashed potatoes, and some kind of greens (maybe that new baby/leafy broccolli.) After the first bite, I was grinning from ear to ear. Told my hubby I wanted to get up and do a happy dance right in the middle of the restaurant! He decided to have desert and I chose a decaf hot tea after dinner. I ate so carefully and slow that I didn't fill up on the dinner, but filled up on tea! I had so much dinner left over, we had it boxed up. I had asked for a refrig in our room because I brought some food with me just in case (yogurt, protein supplement, etc.) so my leftovers were safe and sound. Today we went out for brunch before heading home. I ordered the smallest breakfast and ate about 1/3 of the scrambled eggs and a couple of small nibbles of hash brown potatoes. In addition to that my breakfast included 2 sausage links and 2 slices of toast that I didn't even touch. My husband has now learned a good lesson... don't order too much because he's going to end up eating my leftovers, which is like 3/4 of what I started with. With all that, he didn't eat for the rest of the day. Fortunately, he is NOT obese and, although he could stand to lose a few pounds, can lose it in a couple of weeks without too much trouble. Not like the rest of us, pre-op! After a month of liquids and mushy food, and hypernating at home, I'm glad to feel NORMAL again!!! So, all in all, a wonderful start to a new year. Love to all Tammy
Ms Court
on 1/1/06 9:28 am - Remington, VA
Sounds like a wonderful evening Tammy. I know exactly what you mean about feeling normal. I still have a month to go on my pureed/mushy food before I get to be normal again but it is worth it. courtney 305/280/155
TammyNVA
on 1/1/06 10:17 am - Chesterfield, VA
Courtney, I'm still on soft/mushy, but can now have soft/moist fish and well cooked veggies; just have to chew a lot. Everything I've done has been worth it... especially when I see myself fitting into clothes I haven't worn in months/years! Tammy 301/268/150
wanda
on 1/1/06 9:28 am
Congrats Tammy! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time! Happy New Year! ~Wanda
A10sFrau
on 1/1/06 9:39 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
My kids are over 21 but I can't imagine them putting me up in a hotel to get me out of the house! Lucky ducks! Happy New Year! Lois
TammyNVA
on 1/1/06 10:04 am - Chesterfield, VA
Lois, The best part was that they stuck to their word and the house was even cleaner when I got home than when I left!!! Tammy
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/1/06 10:38 am - Danville, VA
Wow. Tammy, what a wonderful start to a new year....hope you house was still in tack when you got home.. Sounds like you are doing great with the food. I am on pureed now but it is getting better. I love my yogurt and have been working on my protein. You have a wonderful year...Love ya. Hugs, Betsy
TammyNVA
on 1/1/06 10:58 am - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks Betsy, House looks pretty good! Yeah for pureed food It only gets better. Just when I'm getting sick to death of what I've been eating, I get to add a little more and I get excited over the littlest things! I still love my yogurt and am on soft food chewing throughly. Love and hugs, Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 869 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2194 views