Update on gastrogastric fistula

elizabeth b-c
on 1/1/06 10:03 am - Charlottesville, VA
Hello, and Happy New Year to you all. I thought I'd just post how things are going with the fistula problems. I'm checking my temp every few hours...right now i'm subnormal by a lot, so I am a little concerned, but not a lot. I'm not having any new pain, just the pain I've had for the last few weeks. I am not able to get in more than 150 calories a day, so I'm dropping weight really fast...too fast, really. More than a pound a day - nine since Christmas day. I am still really scared and worried...i'm having a hard time thinking about anything else, and worried about more surgery and time off work. I'm sorry to be so down. I'm just having a really hard time. On a good note - I got into a size 18 yesterday when I was trying on some clothes...who'd have thought I'd ever see a size 18 again? I started out at a size 6x or a 38. Go**** was nice...but almost everything that fit was a size 20 or 22. Still, the 18 felt like a celebration. Hugs to you all, elizabeth 359/244/160
TammyNVA
on 1/1/06 10:14 am - Chesterfield, VA
Elizabeth, I'm praying for you and keeping you in my thoughts around that gastrogastric fistula! Don't you LOVE it when you get into new sizes?!?!?!?! I stopped into TJ Maxx, which I haven't shopped in, in years, and found a top and sweater that were very cute, although a little small. I bought them anyway because on clearance and less that $30 for both. Now, my top has always been 2-3 sizes smaller that my bottom half. I had gotten up to a 22-24 top, now easily in 18-20 womens. The new top and sweater are XL in misses!! As I said, it will be a few weeks to a month before I can wear them, but I'm still excited! Hang in there! Hugs Tammy
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/1/06 10:42 am - Danville, VA
Elizabeth, my heart goes out to you. This is not the time of year to be upset over anything...I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I think you are doing remarkably and I am so proud of you. You will get through this and everything will be fine, I am sure. You are in God's most precious hands..An 18???? Wow.... Hugs, Betsy
A10sFrau
on 1/1/06 11:51 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Angels are carrying you to your doctor's appt on Tuesday! Lois
elizabeth b-c
on 1/1/06 1:03 pm - Charlottesville, VA
Tammy, Lois and Betsy, thanks for your encouraging words. I so appreciate your support. Lois, good luck on your appointment - I know it will all go well. You're on your way! Blessings, elizabeth
Kennie29
on 1/1/06 3:23 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Please keep positive and know that you will be in my thoughts! Hugs, Kennie
~*Country Girl*~
on 1/1/06 11:18 pm - somewhere in de Mtns!, VA
I just said a prayer for you. I can't even fathum what your pain is like. Just remember God isn't gonna give you something you can't handle and this too shall pass! May your pain ease and your spirits lift today. Omg a size 18. Wow! I was a 26 when I went in for reconstructive surgery last Thursday. Not sure what I am now or will be after swelling goes down. I had a massive stomach before (size 4 panni) Largest doctor has ever seen. They told me to expect a large in clothes but my gosh I can't even fathum a 18! You go girl! Take care of your self Lisa 423/188/???
elizabeth b-c
on 1/2/06 3:13 am - Charlottesville, VA
Lisa and Kennie, thanks for your kind encouragement and prayers. I am going to be talking to the doctor tomorrow and I will update on what he says. I am hoping they will do the upper GI tomorrow so we can move forward on whatever it is that needs to be done. Thanks again, elizabeth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 869 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2194 views