Daily Post: January 2nd

Kitty Kat
on 1/1/06 11:41 pm - Richmond, VA
Morning Va Buggas: I will attempt to make this a daily post! How will you move your body today? Are/have you taking/taken your vitamins? Are/have you getting/gotten in your fluids? Are/hve you getting/gotten in your foods (and the good ones)? What's that you say? Ugh Kitty Kat it's raining or I'm tired or I'm lazy or I'm blah, blah blah. Well, any movement at all is better than NONE. So, don't wait MOVE! Oh I forgot my vits today. Oh well, I almost got in my all my fluids. Well, I ate some candy today. COME ON! Every day is a new day to start fresh and do right by you and your body. While sitting circulate those arms and legs. Do arms and leg lifts. While standing or making a meal do some squats. Cleaning house or walking your yard is moving. Take care of you! As for fluids and vits and food...think of them as necessities to survive. Train your brain to think if you DON'T get in the proper things you will be meetin' and greetin' with our maker a bit sooner than we might want. We all have our days when we're off or busy or caught up in the repetitiveness of the daily grind but we ARE important so get to it! Let's be each others reminders to do right by our bodies. If ya'll would reply each day with tips, tricks and tidbits to encourage one and all to do their very best. Even if we fall off the wagon a bit we will be ok. We can't give up! Hugs to all, Kitty Kat My tip for today: move and it doesn't matter how just get that heart rate going!
Kitty Kat
on 1/1/06 11:45 pm - Richmond, VA
How will you move your body today? I'm cleaning house and playing with my buggas. Will walk if the rain clears a bit. Am shooting for 2 miles 3 days this week. Am going to walk every other day at this point. Been having some back issues and need to be careful but it won't stop me from moving. Are/have you taking/taken your vitamins? So far I've taken 1/2 then the other 1/2 this pm. Are/have you getting/gotten in your fluids? Have gotten in about 32 oz. of coffee...yeah I KNOW it's NO****er but that comes after the coffee...and yeah I get that it's not the BEST thing to start off with but I make up for it during the day. Am going to have me a pitcher of Fruit Punch Crystal Light (actually it's the cheap Walmart version but tastes just as good. ) Are/hve you getting/gotten in your foods (and the good ones)? Have had 2 sticks of mozarella string cheese and am about to eat a packet of oatmeal. "Smile--it keeps your face occupied."
Kitty Kat
on 1/2/06 6:56 am - Richmond, VA
Rain flew away for a bit so Kitty Kat got to walk her 2 miles this pm. Took me 33 minutes and I chugged 16.9 oz of Fruit Punch Crystal Light. In total so far today I've gotten in 54.9 oz! Just a bit more to go and I've gotten in 64 oz which is my daily goal! Huggles Kitty Kat
Kelli
on 1/2/06 12:07 am - Portsmouth, VA
How will you move your body today? I was up and at the Gym by 6:30 am, I love the gym!! Are/have you taking/taken your vitamins? Took my morning vits, rest later this evening Are/have you getting/gotten in your fluids? Getting in all my fluids, already one protein drink while at the gym and 32 ozs wate so far. Are/hve you getting/gotten in your foods (and the good ones)? yep Just trying to make good my promise I made to myself when I woke up from surgery, that since I was lucky enough to get approved for the surgery, I would make good and use my tool for all it is worth. Love and Hugs, Kelli
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/2/06 12:14 am - Danville, VA
Well, my sweet Kat....I am going to attempt to take my tree down today and I promised Nat, I will take a walk. I am also going to take two cans or something and do some arm lifts....After Wednesday, I will have my staples and tube out and will probably feel more like moving. Made a chart so that I make sure to get in my vitamins, and my other meds. Have already had 58 grams of protein so far. Start my morning off with my protein drink. I have damaged wings right now but they will mend and soon I will be flying. I love my angels... Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/06 5:50 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
That's My girl .. I was so happy you had not forgotten about the walking .. so crucial right now in your recovery .. and the Veggie Cans .. You ROCK ! Feel the burn .. !!! Just do not overdo it .. Love ya .. Natalie
Judy B.
on 1/2/06 2:19 am - Marion, VA
Hiya Kat hmm i feel like crap today..upper respiratory junk..BUT i promised myself that i would exercise everyday even if its 10 minutes 3 times a day..and i did today..no matter how i feel. Exercise releases so many things in the brain and body that help aide in healing, depression, physical problems, and much much more. So even if you exercise a small amount of time maybe 3 times a day..it will pay off. Please oil your body with exercise. If you don't use it you lose it! Hugs JudyB
elizabeth b-c
on 1/2/06 3:06 am - Charlottesville, VA
Hi, Peeps: Thanks for the reminder to exercise and take vitamins and get in all my fluids. Your reminder prompted me to take the second vitamin that I usually forget. I take most of my supplements at bedtime, with an additional vitamin and calcium in the morning. I am balancing new meds for the fistula with getting in all my meds and being only on liquids. Keep up the good work. elizabeth 359/245/160
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/06 5:59 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
How will you move your body today? Started my day off with 45 minutes of high impact cardio - Aerobics .. Moved on to my weight training . Will burn again after dinner .. probably @ 7 .. more cardio .. and more weights ! Are/have you taking/taken your vitamins? 1 Prenatal 2 Zinc and 2 Vit C 1 Biotin Omega 3's My newest fine .. My fruits and veggie suppliment .. these rock .. !!! Calcium 1 Repeat the above before bed time .. I have yet to ever fail to take them .. 19 months and still chugging them down !!! Are/have you getting/gotten in your fluids? 70 oz of Peach Tea Chrystal Lite 3 cups of coffee Are/hve you getting/gotten in your foods (and the good ones)? B-Nectar Am meal :2 oz Tuna Salad on whole wheat crackers Lunch : 3 Slices of Turkey Deli meat . 2 slices of swiss - lettuce - mayo on a low carb wrap .. Ate half of it . And I only use half a wrap - so I had half of a half LOL !!! For dinner I am making Chicken Veggie Soup .. Yummm yumm .. Will eat a small bowl . With a few crackers and peanut butter .. ( Mom used to make us peanut butter sammies with soup .. so I modified mine w peanut butter crackers . Snacks today consisted of yougurt .. chedar cheese hunks .. and some popcorn . I eat small meals through out the day . Being diabetic I have to keep my sugar levels normal .. and this helps .. No meds or insulin since the night of recovery after surgery !!! My Tip for the day : The 3 things for successful weight loss PROTEIN + WATER + EXERSISE = WEIGHTLOSS Not to mention -Keeping all foods rich in protien 1st in pouch .. veggies 2nd and if there is room a carb !!! Love ya ! Natalie PS .. this is a great idea Kat .. keep it going all year !
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 869 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2194 views