FOOD - before/after

glendary
on 3/22/11 9:10 am
haha... you only at $.60 worth... congrats.
Glendary        
thethinme
on 3/22/11 10:24 am - NY
 I bugged everyone here asking the same thing before surgery... people started saying "you are not prepared, come back later..." - so I TOTALLY understand how you feel.

I am only 2 months out and adjusting but let me tell you how I feel about it. you won't feel the same way about food after surgery. you won't be living to eat.

it is a bit shocking the quantity we can eat after surgery as compared to what is considered "normal". but "normal" to me now, when I see what others eat in a restaurant, seem like a plate that could feed a whole family. people don't need to eat that much.

as we have to eat 70 gr of protein per day, we always have to start with that during meals. if you eat much of other things, you won't meet your daily goal, cause there is just not enough space. you could eat the other things, and go for protein later, but then you go over the calories.

so simply put, there is not much space after you have the protein to have carbs or much veggies. but I am reaching a point where I get more and more used to it. it's fine. someone told me before surgery: you get used to everything in life. it is true. my life, what I eat now, how I feel about food, has nothing to do to the previous me. so, it's hard for pre-ops to understand all this, as you will only really know after you had the surgery.

basically I can't pig out anymore, or eat when I am sad / bored / stressed to relieve all these things. but in a way, I am glad about it.

I miss having a whole plate of pasta which I used to love but I prefer to be thinner and feel good about myself when I look in the mirror ;) life is about choices...

good luck in your journey ;)

SW 215=98 | GW 137=62 | CW: 116 lbs = 52.5 kg | 5'4 | lost: 99 lbs=45 kg | goal: 7-9 mo.

May D.
on 3/22/11 10:43 am
So far I've had no problems with any foods that I've been able to eat. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 259 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views