Question for DH... "man boobs?"

kanga003
on 3/24/11 11:53 pm
Hi All...

I am on the path towards what I am pretty sure will be a VSG and DH is seriously considering some kind of WLS as well.

I know he'd never ask, but he has said to me that he would do anythign to get rid of his "man boobs"

There are so many women on the boards and I know our breasts can take a beating in all of this, but I wonder what happens for the guys...

Any one willing to share thier experience ?
Holic
on 3/25/11 12:36 am - Houston, TX
 yep! They get smaller and for some men that loose the weight...they go away completely like they were never there! 

Unfortunately that was not me...even though I look like a stick and weight 140lbs now...I STILL have them and I have talked with a plastic surgeon. To make these very shameful things disappear for good would leave a scar across my chest from removing the extra skin and and grafting the nipple back on...

it is a very complicated issue, considring that even if a man is able to loose weight, build muscle AND have little to no loose skin, the Gynecomastia (man boobs) could very well not go away. The ONLY recourse would be plastic surgery. I found the easiest way to get over the shame of man boobs, is just to talk about them. You dont have to be proud of them, but you dont have to be ashamed either. Also, a lot of insurance plans now COVER the gynecomastia reduction surgery if you meet certain requirments (size, skin irritations/issues, mental health, ect...)

I had WLS so that I could loose the moobs, but that just did not happen...it was a slap in the face, really, lol

justeric78
on 3/25/11 1:13 am - Houston, TX
I have a strong feeling that I am going to have to get a reduction as well. I think it probably is a case by case though as I have been skinny in the past and always have somewhat had them. It probably depends on their size and the condition of the skin for elasticity.

Carmelita
on 3/25/11 2:10 am - Four Corners, NM
johnbertak
on 3/25/11 4:35 am - MD
Well, I'm 100 lbs. down and I've got a whole new golf swing without the "Moobs" or "mits" (as my irreverant nurse-daughter calls them).  Thing is, I can see my feet again, which is kind of cool - and I can tie my shoes, and I aim my pee a little straighter, and  I just bought smaller underware, and..., well, you get the drift - lots of changes in this old geezer's life, and shape, with many more to come.  Jeans, I'm wearing jeans, fer Chirst'sake....  And those suckers are from at least 10 years ago - and not the ones with the freakin' ruler pocket on the side, either.   Won't miss the moobs when I'm stretched out like a whale on the beach in ***** Canna, in about a month.  And I'll be celebrating with my buds next week in Myrtle Beach, SC, at our annual golf-week.  Even my golf shoes are a little wobbly right now, who would ever believe you lose weight in your feet....?  Pop-Pop

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 320 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 365 views