Question?

harleybella
on 3/30/11 12:36 pm
So i had my final preop appt with my surgeon yesterday... at first i was nervous cause all my paperwork had said that i was going in for a RNY but after my research theres no way i would get a RNY especially since my husband and i wanna have babies!!  Anyways so after my doc approved the VSG i asked him what size Bougie (sp?) so they use a 32F i was just wondering if this is a normal size that mosts sleeves are? Also any recommendations for the liquids pre op.... they are killing me!!! I started them monday and it feels like its been a week already!!!
VSG on 4/4/11!!
Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal
273/     248 /      201/      155

Birdie55
on 3/30/11 12:43 pm
32F is the size my surgeon uses, and he's one of the top VSG surgeons in the US.

Can't help you with preop liquids since I didn't need to do that. I know others will post with suggestions, though.

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

njmom5870
on 3/30/11 12:49 pm
My doctor said that a size 40 bougie is the most common size but there is millimeters difference in sizes.  

There is a website that has TONS of recipes for weight loss shakes.   The lady who runs it had RNY.  Its www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Also go on the Torani Website.  They are offering 20% off their sugar free syrups.  They are an awesome flavoring for the shakes.  I think the coupon code is "skinny."  I just ordered 4 bottles the other day.  They are delicious mixed in shakes and coffee.

Good Luck
Nina
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

peachynptc
on 3/30/11 12:50 pm - Fayetteville, GA
Mine will be a 36F, wi**** was 32 but my surgeon wouldn't hear of it. I don't have to do a preop diet but will probably do one anyone starting next week. I have cut out all sodas as of last week and was trying to do away with caffeine but have the worst headache right now and broke down and got some tea. I stocked up on gatorade and protein shakes for next week. I hear many get dehydrated after surgery so am hoping by drinking gatorade pre surgery that will help. I wish you the best!

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views