B12 and Iron LONG

Time4menow2010
on 3/31/11 3:11 am - PA

I dont post often but I lurk daily.  Feeling  kinda run down last few days, have a few questions and was curious to others routines. Yes Ive called the dr.  Waiting to hear back...would appreciate if you'd indulge me...

How much B12 and Iron do you take daily?

How many hours do you seperate your calcium doses by?

Does anyone have a vitamin schedule they would like to share...times etc?  Im having trouble fitting everything in ...scheduling fluids and keeping to the no drinking before and after routine.

I take:
Synthroid ( which must be on empty stomach but you cannot take it within 2 hours of iron, calcium or omeprazole). Oh and you shouldnt take it at night.

Omeprazole: empty stomach first thing in morning. Wait one hr to eat.

B12

Colace

Calcium 600 mg 3 times a day...cant be within two hours of the Synthroid, Iron or Omeprazole

Two multi vitamins a day usually one in morning and one at night.

When i was fresh out of surgery, it seemed not so hard to do but life, school, exercise, has taken over and now Im getting burnt OUT trying to keep up!  On top of this the scale has been fluctuating back and forth over the same 5 pounds for over 2 wks now.

Kind , considerate non accusatory suggestions are greatly appreciated:)

:

jbskaggs
on 3/31/11 3:19 am - holt, MO
 Many people (like my Mom and Stepmom) both get b12 and iron injections every month from the doctors.  It costs about $10 but works so much better than the pills.

JB

Time4menow2010
on 3/31/11 8:38 am - PA
Thanks Im going to inquire with my doctor about B12 shots.  Sometimes they will let you do it at home yourself and give you a supply other times the dr wants to do it.  If that is the case I cant afford the visit every month and will continue doing it sublingually.  As for the Iron shots, I never even knew that existed till now...another thing to ask about...

Thanks for your imput:)
:

SassyItalian
on 3/31/11 3:36 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
I take 1000mcg b12 sublingually and CVS brand Iron with Vitamin C equivalent to 65mg Iron.

For myself I wrote out a schedule, kind of like a morning noon and night one and placed the meds which had to be taken at a certain time in those slots to see what was possible..

Something that might work for you, give or take a few hours based on your schedule:

1st thing in the morning, as soon as you wake: Omeprazole
AM: multi, calcium, B-12, colace
Noon: Iron
2-3PM: Synthroid
Evening: Calcium, Multi
Bedtime: Calcium

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Time4menow2010
on 3/31/11 8:43 am - PA
Kristen thanks for the schedule.  I have been trying different ways and now just today I set up alarms on my phone with a schedule to remind me.  Its so hard with school to get everything in.  Sometimes Im doing labs or working and just cannot stop what im doing to swallow a pill lol.  I hate this down feeling and of course this damn weather isnt helping!  I had myself getting up super early to take the Synthroid and hoping I could get back to sleep which I know probably wont happen.  Hopefully your idea to take it mid afternoon will be better.
:

sublimate
on 3/31/11 3:43 am - San Jose, CA
Sorry to hear about your weight fluctuations. May I ask are you exercising, and what types of things are you eating? I find that I have to keep exercising and eat a certain way to keep the scale moving. I might have some suggestions for tweaks.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Time4menow2010
on 3/31/11 8:55 am - PA

I walk 4-5 days a week for atleast 45 mins. I am restricted to walking due to severe osteo arthritis.  The only other viable exercise for me is the pool and that is not available to me until June. I lift weights 2x a week and I use resistance bands every morning for 10-15 mins or so.

As for diet, my doctor does not want me doing extremely low carb so I am at abt 60 gr of carbs a day.  I do 60+ grams of protein and atleast 64 oz of water.  My meals usually consist of:
Breakfast::  Soft Boiled Eggs
Lunch: Ricotta Bake or Egg Bites (from eggface's website), grilled chicken or turkey in a salad.
Dinner: abt 4 oz of chicken, beef, turkey,or fish, some green veggie. every once in a while a spoonful of noodles or rice.

Snacks are usually cheese or protein drink or some low cal soup depending on schedule etc

:

sublimate
on 3/31/11 9:01 am - San Jose, CA
Your food and exercise regimen looks great.. Sounds like it's just one of those things you might be a slower loser.  I wouldn't change anything that you are doing.. I know it's hard I guess just keep doing what you are doing and I feel you will keep losing.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

May D.
on 3/31/11 4:10 am
I take my synthroid at 6am. I actually wake up purposely to take it, then go back to bed until 8a.  I was also recently told by my nutritionist that taking more than 500mcg of b12 is too much and will not be absorbed.  So here is my schedule:

Breakfast 9am - multivitamin, b12 500mcg
Lunch 12 or 1 - calcium
Dinner 6 or 7pm - omeprazole
Snack 9pm - calcium
midnight - Iron

Time4menow2010
on 3/31/11 9:01 am - PA
I tried To do the early and back to bed thing i cant...once i wake up i cant get back to sleep.  Gonna ask the dr abt the B 12  thanks
:

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views