Late post-op post- I feel great!

gabriella12
on 4/5/11 3:07 am
I don't want to jinx myself but I had surgery on Friday April fool's day in Mexico and I have to say I feel better than I expected.  I have a little bit of pain but nothing major. I still have some gas but manageable.  I don't feel hungry at all, and right now my biggest struggle is trying to get in protein with my liquid diet.  I haven't figured out how to do that yet very well but I am taking in all the information on here from the pros.  I have felt nauseous a total of 3 times since the surgery (right after it and the day after), I vomitted once but it was just a little and thankfully didn't hurt that much.  I am so grateful for all the advise I got on OH and look forward to sharing my success story once I get there.  I do hope that I will continue to be this lucky and not have any major problems, I am so excited to see what the next months have in store for me!!! 

PS. I definitely recommend Belite and Dr. Rodriguez's team.  I had plenty of doubts regarding Mexico and I am nothing but satisfied
HollyLaLa
on 4/5/11 3:12 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/11 with
 Congratulations and welcome to the looser's bench!  Don't be shy there is much to learn and celebrate on here!  The morer the merrier!

Nothing worth having comes easy.  Success comes with hard work and determination and sacrifice!   

ROCK ON!             
teetee126
on 4/5/11 3:14 am
Hello, I was also there at Star Medica in Jaurez Mexico on April 1st.  I went thru belite an DR. Rod.  Please share any info that you have.  The one question that I have is how much fluids are you able to drink at this point?
gabriella12
on 4/5/11 3:39 am
WOW!! That is awsome.  Well at first it was very difficult adjusting, I would be anxious to be able to finish at least a cup with only 2-3 oz but I couldnt.  Now I am doing just about that, 2-3 oz with each "meal".  I try to sip throughout the day though, even if I don't feel hungry.  I am trying to get my protein in but it's not happening.  Dr. Elmo said I could sprinkle what ever I am drinking with protein powder and I am just trying that today.  I had a cup with about 3 oz of V8 mango/peach juice and I put 1 teaspoon of protein in it.  It went down fine and I was able to fini**** but I am stuffed.  I dont want to over do it.  I also found Dr. Calderon's advise very helpful. He said to drink something warm in the morning and at night, he said it helps the stomach relax for whatever else you give it throughout the day.  I drink warm tea first thing in the morning and I hardly have any pain anymore.  Hope this helps.  How are you doing btw?  Have you lost any weight?  I just weighed myself and I am down 10lbs from my weight on Thursday when I got there.   
teetee126
on 4/5/11 3:45 am
Okay so that is awesome  I am still on just clear liquids.  How much broth are you getting in a day and what does your "meal" consist of?  I am going to weigh myself today to see what progress i have made.  I am so excited for you loosing 10 lbs. already.  Where you there with your mother.  I think I sat next to you downstairs for x rays.

gabriella12
on 4/5/11 3:58 am, edited 4/5/11 4:03 am
Yup that was me!!!  Was that drink nasty or what!?? That was one of the times I felt nauseous, it was gross!  Well, this is what I'm doing but I may be wrong so if there are any oldies out there that think I am doing this wrong, please jump in and correct me.  

I have a cup of tea in the morning (about 3oz), about 1-1/2 to 2 hours after that I have some juice (usually apple juice or anything that is not too sweet, again about 2-3 oz), then for lunch I have my broth with juice and jello- now I wasn't able to down the jello yesturday, it didnt feel right but I had almost all of the other stuff.  I didnt measure how many onces the broth was but if you remember what they served us at the hospital, it was a little less than that.  1-1/2-2 hours after that I have something else either juice or tea and so on. For dinner, I usually have broth again.  I just make sure to go to bed with something warm.  Are you taking the meds or are you done with them?  The antibiotic makes me sick but I guess its only 1 more day.  Let me know how its going for you.
teetee126
on 4/6/11 4:15 am
yeah the drink made me so sick.  I just started drinking the clear protien(isopure) 40g yesterday.  I just took the last of my nasty antibiotic today.  I'm going to start getting more liquids in.  I find it really hard to get everything in.  So right now I start with the isopure to make sure I get the protien in at least.  Then the rest of the day I'm sipping water and trying to do a broth and a jello.I'm down 5 more lbs. since I last weighed myself on my own scale.  going to try to walk my neighborhood today.  Keep in touch!

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/11 4:45 am - Canada
Sip, sip, sip your fluids all day long, walk and repeat. I'm 2 weeks out today and it is a struggle for the first week or more to get all your protein in. I'm up to 75g protein per day and all my water. I just started keeping a fluid journal to keep me on track. Now it's got easier. I'm only managing sf ff pudding at the moment about two Tbsp over the afternoon. It just stuffs me full, but that to will come as we progress....Good Luck and god Bless! ~Cheryl
Most Active