any one else have this feeling?

harleybella
on 4/13/11 1:59 pm
so when i lay flat i get this pain in my chest and sometimes after i drink stuff, is this my new heartburn? im on prevacid liquid right now (makes me gag!!) . Also it seems like when i do anything other than sit on the couch or lay in bed after 5-10 mins of being up and around i start to feel weak and light headed..... i really hate it cause all of a sudden i want to go and do stuff!!
VSG on 4/4/11!!
Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal
273/     248 /      201/      155

MICR63
on 4/13/11 2:25 pm - BALTIMORE, MD
You might want to give your doc a call. 
as an ER nurse for 25yrs and a patient 15mos out from having my VSG, it sounds like you may be dehydrated. 
I know after 1 wk i felt so good and energetic i was ready to go back to work!!  The doctor wanted me out x 1mos as i push and pull patients, stretchers and wheelchairs and did not want any tension to or on the abdomen.
harleybella
on 4/13/11 3:36 pm
i have an appt monday with my doc for my 2 week postop but i drink plenty, i think im not getting enough protein/nutrients. Usually after walking about for 15+mins i would start feeling like crap but i had some egg drop soup before we went  on a walk a little while ago and make me feel so much better and i didn't get lightheaded!
VSG on 4/4/11!!
Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal
273/     248 /      201/      155

Valk
on 4/13/11 3:42 pm - Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
About one week post op, I had to walk down to school to pick up my daughter as DH was at a job interview. This wasn't normally a big deal for me pre-op, but the walk back is a slight hill the whole way. Man, just halfway to school, I was slowing WAY down as I felt weak. Then, on the way back, I had my little one get out of the stroller because I just couldn't push him. I walked like half speed getting home that day. I just was so weak for about 2 weeks. Then, all of a sudden, it just got better. I'm 4 weeks post op today, and yesterday went to pick up DD at school, and I was walking faster than DH. I didn't feel weak at all! So, it'll take a while, but you'll be there before you know it. I must have spent a good chunk of those first two weeks in bed taking naps.

Weirdly, DH is thankful he was laid off so that he could be home and let me rest. He keeps saying he doesn't know how I would have been able to manage on my own.
Kaiser Orange County - Surgery with Pacific Bariatric at Scripps Mercy Hospital
HW : 272 (6/10)   /   SW: 243 (3/15/11)   /   CW: 184 (9/1/11)

I just realized, I've lost my 9 year old!  Next goal?  Losing the 4 year old!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views