what were u doing....

harleybella
on 4/13/11 6:37 am
what were u doing 10 days out of surgery? I'm going stir crazy in this house.... of course i wanna go to the beach or a hike  but i can't go in the ocean(of course!) and im afraid hiking would be too much!!!! I went to target yesterday and walked all around and did pretty good but im sooo tired of TV and my laptop.......
VSG on 4/4/11!!
Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal
273/     248 /      201/      155

felicity2u
on 4/13/11 6:52 am - LA
I was back at work after a week because I was just too stir crazy in the house! I know how you feel.  I still get bored at night when I'm at home and can't fill by time with eating, lol.  I think I'm going to have to take up a hobby like knitting, hehe! It's good to get out and just go anywhere, makes you feel like a normal person again! Good luck!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

walmartian
on 4/13/11 7:23 am
Hikijng isn't going to hurt you, just don't choose anything ridiculous for a start. I walked a couple of miles daily in MX as soon as I got out of the hospital, which was day 3-4, andf you've ever been to San Francisco you know how hilly it is; I walked several miles there on the 6th day, including a couple of hills that were steep and tall. Yes, I had to stop a few times to catch my breath but it was fine. My surgeon told me whatever i felt up to, as soon as i felt like it, as long as there was no lifting over 25 pounds involved. I've also been doing an hour of medium to fast paced activities on my Wii fit most dsays since I got home on day 7. Maybe you could find a couple of trails rated 'accessable' or 'easy' in your area, if you are really unsure.

Kelley D.
on 4/13/11 7:53 am
I was planting a garden and having a yard sale, and my house was as clean as it has ever been! lol I was going stir crazy myself so I went visiting my family alot or they came to my house.

Height: 5'8"  Start weight:316 My goal: 190 Surgeons goal:175. reached my goal... 3years out, had some bounce back time to get back on track!

peachynptc
on 4/13/11 8:26 am - Fayetteville, GA
I too am going stir crazy on day 3. Not sure what to do but walk. I don't have a job right now, it ended the week before my surgery. AHHHHHH!!

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

Kristy R.
on 4/13/11 8:35 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I went back to work after 7 days.  Sunday I walked 4 miles, most of it on the beach in SF.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

momokc
on 4/13/11 12:32 pm
 WOW! All of you are doing great!  I was so sick and bored too the first two weeks after surgery. 
I did go back to work at the beginning of the 3rd week for 4 hrs a day. Still was very nauseated. I started doing my recumbent bike on the week I went back to work.  I still do. I am still having a hard time walking any where for very long.  I do get out and go to the grocery store and WalMart however I just get what I came after and leave.  Some days at work, I have trouble getting in the bldg from the parking lot, then other days people think I am a speed demon!  I just never can depend on when I am going to be able to walk like before surgery or if I am going to walk like an 100  yr old person!
I really feel tired alot more than I thought I would right now, too.  My stomach is still real sensitive with the food so like today, I left a noon as my stomach was hurting so bad.  I really don't understand why I feel this way as most people on here or that I talk to aren't having these types of problems.  I take Priolsec when my stomach gets upset.   

Anyway, Congrats to all of you who are doing so well with the exercise! 
Granny

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views