11 week checkup - pleasantly surprised.

LunaLovegood
on 4/18/11 5:35 am - WA
I saw my surgeon today and I was complaining about my slow weight loss in the past month and he basically told me to stop being silly, that I have lost over 30% of my EBW and that I should be thrilled - he was very pleased with my progress.  So that made me feel better.  He is such a good doctor, very caring and down to earth.  And I lost 1 lb today.  250.0 exactly.  Reading my stall the riot act yesterday seems to have worked .  I'm still thinking of getting a stall voodoo doll though, for when he inevitably tries to worm his way back in to my life and mess with my head.

Weight: Highest 317, Consult 311, Surgery 292, Current 210.8
Weight lost by month: 22, 13, 11, 8, 6, 5, 5, 6, 3, 0, next update 12/5.    
LittleMissSunshine
on 4/18/11 6:32 am
Woo hoo!  How often do you check the scale?  I think I'll have to ask my husband to hide the damn thing and only let me check after X amount of days have passed... I know I'll be on it every day if I don't.
Glad to hear Dr. Chebli is happy with your progress .  I think they'll have all my paperwork to submit for approval this week, so hopefully I'll have my date scheduled within the next 2 weeks or so.

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

Lisa D.
on 4/18/11 6:35 am - New Orleans, LA
You need to come to New Orleans to get an "official" voodoo doll.  Everyone is welcome!  Maybe I should market them....hmmmmm.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

heathermc44
on 4/18/11 6:38 am - Bremerton, WA
Luna, I see you are from Washington.  What part?  Where did you have your surgery?
And good going with that stall riot act.  I'll have to use that!

LunaLovegood
on 4/18/11 6:49 am - WA
Thanks everybody!  I live in north Tacoma, WA, but I had my surgery in Seattle with Dr. Chebli at Northwest Obesity Surgery (you may have seen the link to his post-op diet floating around here) - the actual surgery was at Evergreen Hospital. 

I'm really bad and I weigh myself every day .  It just makes me crazy, so I shouldn't do it, but I can't help myself.  Dr. Chebli told me he prefers that patient's only weigh in at the office but that would be too hard for me, I'm a little OCD .  LittleMissSunshine (love the avatar and name by the way), I'm so excited for you.  I hope everything gets approved quickly and you get your sleeve soon.  I really do think Dr. Chebli is an excellent surgeon and he really cares about his patients.  You will do great!

And I'm so excited to get my voodoo doll.  I seriously might start making one this weekend.  It'll be a fun project.  Come to think of it, I may already have one.  I'll just have to find it and rename it "the dreaded stall"

Weight: Highest 317, Consult 311, Surgery 292, Current 210.8
Weight lost by month: 22, 13, 11, 8, 6, 5, 5, 6, 3, 0, next update 12/5.    
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 94 views