What % of your EW did you end up losing?

Elena22
on 4/20/11 7:02 am
To the previous posters, how many had to lose over 150 lbs? That's my concern if I can get to goal.  Most that I've seen so far at goal haven't had to lose that much.  Thanks.
~ Elena.

SpyCbyN8re
on 4/20/11 7:35 am - Lehigh Acres, FL
Elena, I have 165lbs to lose to get to the highest point of the normal bmi range.  If I can do it, you can do it!! My intent is just go one 10lb block at a time.... chip away at it... break it into smaller goals.  This week I'm working on the 320's.  Can I do it? You betcha!!  I want to have the 320's out of the way by the time I have surgery.  

Do I believe I'll be supermodel quality? Heck no!! But I do believe in myself and I believe I can reach my goal.... no matter what goal I set. I'd rather die trying then to give up and virtually say I'm not worth trying for.

Ginger
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/11 8:58 am
On April 20, 2011 at 2:02 PM Pacific Time, Elena22 wrote:
To the previous posters, how many had to lose over 150 lbs? That's my concern if I can get to goal.  Most that I've seen so far at goal haven't had to lose that much.  Thanks.
When I first started on my weight loss journey 1-1-10, I needed to lose 217 ponds to reach my surgeon's goal for me (175).  I am now at 299 and losing about 3 pounds a week now and I am thrilled.  I have about 124 pounds to go and I know I will hit goal if I just stick to the plan.

I feel so much better now and I am able to do so much more that I could a year ago that I am very satisfied with my progress.

Remember this, some folks might not have as much to lose as we do, but the smaller you are sometimes the slower it comes off, so those folks have a real battle as well.

Whether it is 50 pounds or 500, we are all in this together and we WILL succeed!
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/11 7:09 am, edited 4/20/11 7:14 am
I'm not sure how to do the math.  Help???

All the info is right below here on my ticker.

I weighed 210 on my surgery day, I've lost 50 pounds, with 20 pounds to go.  My goal is 140 pounds.  70 pounds lost would be 100%.

Is my perecentage lost 71%???  (so far)

I'm 6 months out.

Great topic by the way!!
SpyCbyN8re
on 4/20/11 7:37 am - Lehigh Acres, FL
Hell yeah you got it!! You're sitting at 71% and you're only 6 months out!!!!  That's amazing! Already beating the crap out of the 65% TOTAL loss and you're heading to the 85% before too much longer.  Before you know it, you'll be sitting at 100% and you'll be capable of anything!!!  You go!!!!

Ginger
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/11 7:43 am
((((((hugs))))))  Thank you sweetie.  I would have never ever thought to figure this out without your post.  How awesome are you???

You know, I was feeling a little bad about not being at goal at 6 months out....but, you know what?  Knowing that I've kicked 71% to the curb sure gives me a confidence boost. I know that I can get to that 100% mark! Thanks again for posting!

Hey, do you have a surgery date? 

I'll bet you will be a person who loses all 100% of your EW. 
SpyCbyN8re
on 4/20/11 11:36 am - Lehigh Acres, FL
Hey, don't be discouraged!!  Don't hang your head low!!!  71% is higher then some of the "majority of patients" that my surgeon was talking about and you're not even done!!!  You're gonna work this thing and you're gonna beat it... one lb at a time!

I know I'll be one of those people to lose 100% and I have confidence that YOU WILL TOO!!!

I don't have a surgery date yet, but I am confident I will have one soon.  My insurance co. has my paperwork and we're waiting on them for the green light!!  I'm hoping for mid May though! :) 

Ginger
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/11 11:45 am
AAAWWWW...thank you!!!!!  I'm working it....trying hard. 

At the moment I'm recovering from gallbladder surgery (10 days ago).  I developed gallstones from rapid weight loss.  I hear that your surgeon can put you on a med to prevent this from happening.  It's not guaranteed, but worth a shot, worth asking about.

I hope you get a date soon!!!

heathermc44
on 4/20/11 7:12 am - Bremerton, WA
 Elena, there are plenty on these boards that had to lose over 100 pounds to get within their normal BMI range.  And I know what you are getting at that the more weight you have to lose the harder it's going to be but let me tell you, it's all hard.  I've reached 100% EWL and while I am at the top of my BMI range, I am not where I want to be.  I have about another 10 pounds to go to reach my "comfort" level.  I didn't have 100+ pounds to lose but I still have to work at my weight loss just as diligently as someone who has to lose more.  I see people on these boards that have reached their goal weight in less time, with more weight to lose than me, but we ALL can get to goal.  

Thanks and good luck,
Heather

SpyCbyN8re
on 4/20/11 7:39 am - Lehigh Acres, FL
I love love love hearing when people lose 100% of their EW!!!!  It gives me hope and puts a fire under my big butt!!

Thanks for posting!
Ginger
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views