Skin Issues?

acwardell
on 4/21/11 4:08 am
I'm 3 weeks post surgery and am starting to have some crazy sking issues. My complexion has always been really good and easy to take care of. Now my skin has this weird bumpy feeling and looks raw. Anyone have any weird skin changes? Did they go away?

SassyItalian
on 4/21/11 4:12 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
I posted about this before- my skin cleared after surgery and wanted to know if it was the same side effect for everyone

Alot of people reported that thiers got worse, some got better. Hopefully it is just a flare up and it will calm soon.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

acwardell
on 4/21/11 4:13 am
yeah, totally. I don't want it to get worse forever! Nice that you got a positive side effect :)

emelar
on 4/21/11 4:33 am - TX
My skin was all over the place post-op.  I have naturally oily skin, and suddenly it was dry and peeling, then back to normal, then dry and peeling, then breaking out, then back to normal.  It's finally stabilized at normal and been holding there for several months.  Probably just the dump of hormones from rapid weight loss that sends it into all directions.
acwardell
on 4/21/11 4:36 am
Thanks! It's good to know. I know they tell you all this hormonal stuff will happen post op, but then it happens and you're like WHAT is this!

lynze01
on 4/21/11 7:24 am
OH, the skin issues!  My complection did clear up a lot, but I had skin sensation loss.  Very weird!  I actually went to the doc today to talk about it (I'm 8weeks out) and he is doing blood work, but thinks its from low potassium and protein intake.  I was instructed to try to eat more.  Apperantly I'm not eating enough, but I always feel full.  Hopefully my complection stays clear, but the sensation comes back!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views